Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

The t6 is awsome

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The t6 is awsome

Despite all the problems ive had with the car i still love it, i suspect theres alot of carbon buildup in the turbos because i get some lag from them but it still took a 328is today in a race and i live near a parking lot that was abandoned, it must be a mile big it used to be part of an airfield and manufacturing building so we set up some cones and i still am suprised at how such a heavy front wheel drive car can get around corners like this can. I took it around in tiptronic and i did get alot of understeer if you tried to corner under power but once you figure out how to drive it fast you can brake realy late with the brakes that i am extremly satisfied with and then if you try to you can even get some oversteer on the way out which is always fun... its a fun car but the real reason i made this post was to ask is there an accumulator in the s80's transmission or is it electronicly controlled? and, is carbon in the turbos a realistic problem that could cause the turbo lag? Im accualy kindof worried that one of the turbos is completly not functioning because it seems like under full throttle when it shifts up theres a good 2 seconds before the turbo picks up again and i get into the boost.... is this normal?

Old 02-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Default RE: The t6 is awsome

yeah I dont think there is anyone on the forums that uses the turbos as much as I do, LOL the gas mileage I get speaks for it self when I do !

But yeah there is always that delay, I dont notice it when I start from 0, but if Im on the high way and I wanna punch it, i notice that it takes like 2 seconds for it to get up and go ! heh..

This is a fun car, and yeah the car has some really powerful brake...

Old 02-11-2008, 05:33 PM

its a volvo thing all there cars stop on a dime, i pissed off my friend once going50 and i told him to put his seatbelt on and hes likewhy and i look in my rearview and nobodys coming so i floored the brake and after he scampred back into the seat im like, thats why. lol funny ****

Old 02-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its true, the air pumped pedal takes some getting used to for me at first cause im accustomed to normal cars that dont have a pump for everything haha... but man, i had to hit a few emergency stops on the interstate and wow it just stops amazingly... and thats with regular rotors, i saw zimmerman selling cross drilled rotors!

What brand is the oem rotors and pads on the car? Zimmerman or brembo?
I think the guy before me changed the rotors, any simple way to check the brand, im not in the mood to take it all down..

Old 02-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I think Brembo's but Volvo mixed and matched between them and Zimmerman's.
Pads I forget I will have to check.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im looking at the brake job the guy who had the car before me did, and he changed all 4 rotors apparently.. at a cost of 400 for parts alone, so im guessing he put in some pretty good rotors.. The pads, im not as convinced as changing all only cost him 54 in parts..
he also changed the disc hardware at a cost of 85.. I guess il call the place that did the work and ask them about the job if its still on their records..