Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Windows off track

Old 11-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows off track

The passager side window has been off track for about 6 months now. It rolls down until it gets about 3/4 the way down then the front of the window falls down into the door[:'(] Well now the drivers side just started doing the same thing Any suggestions on what I need to do once I get in there? I plan on trying this weekend. Are there any DIY threads out there? Any and all help would be greatly appriciated. I am getting tired of handing the people at the drive-thru's and fast food joints my money through the sunroof ... lol ... TIA

Old 11-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Windows off track

I will bet you will need to replace the wheels(Blocks) between the regulator and window glass.
3509416 is the part number of the blocks I will bet you will need. Each door has 2 of them. You might as well replace all 4 since you will be in there. Usually the plastic breaks on the front ones on each side causing the window problem you have.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:51 PM

Had the same problem twice,To make sure it wouldnt happen again i bought clear silicon,took off the window rubbers ,squeezed a lot of silicon where the widow is closest to the metal & top rubber.I Just made sure the window was fully pulled up where its supposed to be when fully shut. Worked ok for me except for when i want to buy Macdonalds on a drive through I have to open the door instead.Its as secure as ever as well .P/s you can silicon both sides of the window & dont forget to nicely place back the rubbers, Its just the most secure temporary solution. Once the silicon sets nothing will ever move the window again

Old 11-20-2008, 06:04 PM

Thanks guys! I will call the dealer tomorrow and check prices on the blocks unless you know somewhere else to get them?

Cam

Old 11-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here you go:http://www.fcpgroton.com/product-exe...ategory_id/334
Compare prices with the dealer.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:33 PM

Thanks for the tips guys, and part number Tech. I called Evans Motorworks (local Volvo, BMW, VW dealer) and gave them the part number and they had 4 instock. Got there and the kid asked "You're from the Honda shop right"? Surprised I replied "yes (I work at a Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha motorcycle shop) how did you know"? He said "Caller ID" ... lol ... Anyway we have a discount there that I did not know about so I got all 4 for under $20 out the door. Seemed like a reasonable price. Now I get to have fun trying to fix this weekend. I've had the passanger side inner panel off before and it actually looked like there was "some" cut-outs for access, at least more than alot of cars have. Is there a DIY anywhere that any of you know of that may help me out? Sorry for making a short story sooo long.

- Cameron

Old 11-22-2008, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Yes there is an access hole to get to them. Once you get to them pull the metal clip for the one that is still attached.
Then pop the arm off. Slide the old block off and new one in then leave the clip on the new one and pop the arms back in.
Sometimes you need to CAREFULLY use a pair of channel locks to pop the arm back in.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:15 AM

ORIGINAL: tech

Yes there is an access hole to get to them. Once you get to them pull the metal clip for the one that is still attached.
Then pop the arm off. Slide the old block off and new one in then leave the clip on the new one and pop the arms back in.
Sometimes you need to CAREFULLY use a pair of channel locks to pop the arm back in.
Sounds easy enough. Thanks once again Tech. I will let you all know how it goes.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Administrator

I will wait to hear back from you.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:55 AM

Going to take my lazy butt out there in the cold today and try to get these suckers working again. I will keep you posted.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:26 PM

Yeah well, I got the little blue tabs in fine! My problem came when I went to roll it up and the window shattered Great stuff ! Now my broke a$$ will be shopping for a new window.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Got Boost?

Ouch! that is a major Suck.

Oh well...atleast you have your new Audi for winter

Old 11-23-2008, 06:06 PM

ORIGINAL: TIPSP

Ouch! that is a major Suck.

Oh well...atleast you have your new Audi for winter
True, but the Volvo is my fiance's car and now she has the Audi and I had to pull "my baby" the Mustang out of the gargage to drive until I get a new piece of glass. This time I think I am going to have the Auto glass shop next door to my work do all the work..lol. I just hope I can find a window and get it installed before the snow hits because a modded 4.6L Rear Wheel Drive V8 Mustang doesn't like to hold the road very well in the snow.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Got Boost?

Good luck.

Hope it all works out.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Administrator

The window must not have been all the way in the tracks. SORRY man sucks it blew like that.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:03 PM

ORIGINAL: tech

The window must not have been all the way in the tracks. SORRY man sucks it blew like that.
yEAH IT WASN'T. nOTHING TO BE SORRY ABOUT..LOL..IT WAS TOTALLY MY FAULT. I FOUND A PLACE TODAY THAT IS $203.20 FOR THE GLASS AND INSTALLATION ALL TOGETHER. GONNA TAKE IT THERE ON MY NEXT CHECK BECAUSE LUCKY ME GOT A SEAT BELT TICKET TODAY IN MY MUSTANG. DAMN COP SAID I WAS REVVING THE ENGINE? WTF. iT HAS AN SLP LOUDMOUTH EXHAUST ON IT AND I TOLD HIM THAT BUT HE WAS BEING A *****. I TOOK MY SEATBELT OFF AS I PULLED INTO MY DRIVEWAY. I'M TOTALLY FIGHTING THIS ONE!

Old 11-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Got Boost?

Well...there is your problem...A LOUDmouth exhaust. Even if the damn car is idling, it will still attrack the wrong croud.

Sucks to hear about the ticket...It is not againt the law to rev the F*****G motor, Unless in Cali and up go passed a certian decibel[:@]

Old 11-25-2008, 12:22 AM

Loudmouth..haha..i new it was loud. I think he was trying to get me to say I was getting ready to race or some ****? He just wanted to be a *****. He also said my tags were expried on the 13th. So he wrote a ticket for that also. Well I then told him that I had the sticker on my plate that was good until Nov 2009 and I even had the paper work. He looked at the paper work and said, "oh, well in the computer it still show expired so just take the paper to your court date and they should throw that out" WTF? He told me he already filled out the ticket. Lazy *** wouldn't even go take that one off the ticket. Just another ***** trying to meet his quota! I am pleading not guilty to all charges. First, my tags "were not expired", Second I was pulled in my driveway with the car turned off and my seatbelt off. Third, he didn't actually give me a ticket for the exhaust, just a "warning". What an a-hole

Old 11-25-2008, 01:55 AM
Got Boost?

That is still big bull S**T. Good luck mate.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Speaking of strange tickets, I got a speeding ticket on campus 2 weeks ago in an area where the limit was 15mph.. anyway long story short, I remember signing for the ticket, then when I got home and looked in the envelope there is no ticket there, just the info about if I elect not to contest the ticket etc, not the yellow copy.. I assumed maybe I left it in the car, however I SCOURED the car and cant find a ticket anywhere.. is it possible he forgot to give me the ticket itself? What do I do now? i have less than 2 weeks to pay a ticket that I dont have....
I think il have to go into the police station and ask them about it.. imagine it, I walk in and say "hi, I think your officer messed up, can I have a new ticket please" haha
oh well...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Windows off track