Go Back   Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo S80
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Volvo Forums!
Welcome to Volvo Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Volvo Forums today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2008, 11:16 PM

Default Windows off track

The passager side window has been off track for about 6 months now. It rolls down until it gets about 3/4 the way down then the front of the window falls down into the door[:'(] Well now the drivers side just started doing the same thing Any suggestions on what I need to do once I get in there? I plan on trying this weekend. Are there any DIY threads out there? Any and all help would be greatly appriciated. I am getting tired of handing the people at the drive-thru's and fast food joints my money through the sunroof ... lol ... TIA
Old 11-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Default RE: Windows off track

I will bet you will need to replace the wheels(Blocks) between the regulator and window glass.
3509416 is the part number of the blocks I will bet you will need. Each door has 2 of them. You might as well replace all 4 since you will be in there. Usually the plastic breaks on the front ones on each side causing the window problem you have.
1994 N/A 5-speed wagon Purple (daughters)
Old 11-20-2008, 03:51 PM

Had the same problem twice,To make sure it wouldnt happen again i bought clear silicon,took off the window rubbers ,squeezed a lot of silicon where the widow is closest to the metal & top rubber.I Just made sure the window was fully pulled up where its supposed to be when fully shut. Worked ok for me except for when i want to buy Macdonalds on a drive through I have to open the door instead.Its as secure as ever as well .P/s you can silicon both sides of the window & dont forget to nicely place back the rubbers, Its just the most secure temporary solution. Once the silicon sets nothing will ever move the window again
Old 11-20-2008, 06:04 PM

Thanks guys! I will call the dealer tomorrow and check prices on the blocks unless you know somewhere else to get them?

Cam
Old 11-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Got Boost?
1982 Volvo 244
My Garage

Here you go:http://www.fcpgroton.com/product-exe...ategory_id/334
Compare prices with the dealer.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:33 PM

Thanks for the tips guys, and part number Tech. I called Evans Motorworks (local Volvo, BMW, VW dealer) and gave them the part number and they had 4 instock. Got there and the kid asked "You're from the Honda shop right"? Surprised I replied "yes (I work at a Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha motorcycle shop) how did you know"? He said "Caller ID" ... lol ... Anyway we have a discount there that I did not know about so I got all 4 for under $20 out the door. Seemed like a reasonable price. Now I get to have fun trying to fix this weekend. I've had the passanger side inner panel off before and it actually looked like there was "some" cut-outs for access, at least more than alot of cars have. Is there a DIY anywhere that any of you know of that may help me out? Sorry for making a short story sooo long.

- Cameron
Old 11-22-2008, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Yes there is an access hole to get to them. Once you get to them pull the metal clip for the one that is still attached.
Then pop the arm off. Slide the old block off and new one in then leave the clip on the new one and pop the arms back in.
Sometimes you need to CAREFULLY use a pair of channel locks to pop the arm back in.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
ORIGINAL: tech

Yes there is an access hole to get to them. Once you get to them pull the metal clip for the one that is still attached.
Then pop the arm off. Slide the old block off and new one in then leave the clip on the new one and pop the arms back in.
Sometimes you need to CAREFULLY use a pair of channel locks to pop the arm back in.
Sounds easy enough. Thanks once again Tech. I will let you all know how it goes.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Administrator

I will wait to hear back from you.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:55 AM

Going to take my lazy butt out there in the cold today and try to get these suckers working again. I will keep you posted.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:55 AM

Tags
240, door, drivers, front, hole, jump, s60, s80, side, slid, track, trackvolvocom, trackvolvose, volvo, window, windows