Volvo V40 A super safe wagon, this attainable Volvo offers something for everyone.

v40 Quality Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool v40 Quality Issue

Hello,

I am reaching out to anyone who can help with a minor problem with my v40.

I have owned my since it was brand new, purchased in 2013, it has hardly done any kilometres. Whilst it has not been a particularly fault free time since I have owned the car, the latest issue has quite literally left me bitterly disappointment and frustrated, and questioning the motive behind the issue and above all else the quality of Volvo cars.

The other week, I noticed a button was missing from the overhead console, where the interior lights are. It is a button I have rarely if ever used. I searched the car and could not find it, as and when it dropped out I have no idea.

However, I thought, no problem, I will call Volvo and get a replacement at my next service. When I contacted Volvo they explicitly stated the button could not be replaced but a whole new unit had to be ordered at a cost of $800. After I picked myself off the floor, I thought there must be some mistake, why replace a perfectly good unit, when a small plastic button is missing. After many exchanges of emails with the dealer and then Volvo Australia, I have effectively been told Volvo buys the unit from a supplier and the buttons cannot be supplied separately, therefore the cost is $800.

I simply cannot justify $800 for a small plastic button but above all else, it is a travesty on the environment to put in a landfill and perfectly working unit just because a button cannot be supplied. I refuse to accept this and question the quality of the car if a button call fall out that is never used.

The whole experience has left me somewhat disappointed. What is the motive behind refusing to supply the button? There must be thousands sitting in a product line somewhere, surely there has to be some sense to this because it is a sure fire way to put me off buying another Volvo.

The part missing is the ‘Auto function for passenger compartment lighting. Image attached.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails v40 Quality Issue-fullsizerender.jpg