Go Back   Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo V50
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Volvo Forums!
Welcome to Volvo Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Volvo Forums today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2009, 06:30 PM

Default Code P0026

Hello, a newbie here.

I have a Volvo V50, 2005, automatic, 2.4l engine. It is sporting a P0026 code, that means Intake Valve Control Solenoid Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1, but I haven't found anything on the net about it and the stealership wants 400 bucks for replacing the solenoid and then we will see what the next code will be.

The check engine light comes after having a hard acceleration to pass some slow pokes on the highway. If the ride goes easy for a couple of days, then the check engine light goes off, and the OBD2 code reader can still get it.

Has anybody had that problem before?

Cheers
Old 01-31-2009, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Haven't seen that as of yet.
But the reset valve might be bad.
1994 N/A 5-speed wagon Purple (daughters)
Old 04-01-2009, 04:20 PM

I have had the P0026 code on my 05 S40 2.4i. I just had the dealer diagnose the check engine light and found that the real culprit is the battery. The car starts and runs fine but the battery, even with 12.7V out, does not have enough amperage to run everything properly and lots of codes are triggered that can only be retrieved from the dealer. I am not saying that this is the case for lomolover but it is a good place to start when trouble shooting for something that seems to be working properly.

Also, I would like to thank the guys at My Swedish Parts for their help in the matter.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:26 PM

My 2005 S40 2.4i spat out the p0026 code as well. She was lacking power in the braking dept, and the engine was not putting out the power it should. I had the Midas guy check the brakes and pull the check engine code. The mechanic said it could be a faulty solenoid or just gunk/buildup. The engine light went off by itself a day or two later. Also, turns out that the air filter needed replacement which I took care of myself.

She's been fine for the the past 1000 miles/5 months, but the engine light just came back on. Once again, she drives fine but does lack in the acceleration area. She feels a little labored like she's starved for air. It's time to fix the brakes at a 'nominal' $450. I can't really spare the pocket change for whatever else might need a fixin', but I also don't want the fix to become more expensive while I get more funds. So I was just wondering what solutions/expenses came from everyone elses code.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:58 AM

Default my expenses

This is what I paid out to fix the problem:

100 for the diagnostic charge.
116 for the "gas leak" update(was not required however it was throwing a CEL).
125 for the much needed battery(purchased from auto zone).

All of this was to fix the P0026 intake reset solenoid.

keep in mind that this P0026 code is a generic code and it does not correspond with any of the CEL's that volvo uses. The volvo code that I was handed was for the gas leak sensor, not the solenoid.

If you feel the need to check the solenoid:

you can pull the solenoid off and inspect it. It is located behind the Oil cap on the valve cover, looks like a roll of quaters sticking up out of the valve cover. It has one torx screw holding it in, you may have to pull pretty hard and maybe twist a little to get it out. clean it if necessary, then check the electrical connectors and make sure there is a small resistance across the two pins.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:51 PM

That helps. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:13 PM

Default Check Engine Light

I too have a 2005 S40 and have had the Check Engine light come on about every 6-8 months and get the P0026 Solenoid error code. It seems to turn itself off after a day or so and the guy who fixes my car says he can't do anything about it unless the light is on. I do feel like the car lacks power when stepping on the gas, a bit of a delay. Any suggestions from you who have had similar experiences?
Old 07-04-2009, 09:58 PM

Sorry, I don't have any solutions. I live fairly close to work, so I only put about 25 miles on her per day. However after taking a 360 mile roundtrip drive she reset herself, to my joy, a couple days later and the cel went off. unfortunately, that only lasted for a few hours.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:03 PM

Has anyone found a solution to their P0026 problem? I too have this CEL, but on a more regular basis now. Seems like it may be causing a rough idle and slight hesitation from a dead stop.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:24 PM

I'm getting the P0026 on my 2005 S40 2.4i. Started sometime back. But mine doesnt go away it's permanent. Time to fix it to get an inspection sticker.

My scanner says P0026, but as some mentioned earlier, for volvo, it might be the gas leak sensor.

My battery is new. But I too have noticed that my car lock power in the acceleration and sometimes (rarely) misses a few beats at stop lights.

Solutions??
Old 10-25-2010, 12:24 PM

Tags
1, bank, circuit, code, control, intake, p0026, performance, rangeperformance, s40, s60, solenoid, v50, valve, volvo