Go Back   Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo V50
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Volvo Forums!
Welcome to Volvo Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Volvo Forums today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2010, 03:28 PM

Default Water in driver's side floor

Today I noticed (2007 V50) that my carpet in the front left floor (driver's side, left-hand drive) was considerably wet. I didn't leave the window open during a storm, nor have I driven through deep puddles, so I am wondering where it is coming from. Is this a common problem? Could it be condensation from the AC dripping into the interior (I has been extremely hot and humid here in the SE USA)? The last time I saw anything like this was when I had to replace the heater core on my wife's v70. I don't think that is it as I am not getting the odor from the anti-freeze. Does any body have any thoughts?
John 2007 v50, 1998 v70, 1991 245 se
Old 08-01-2010, 10:40 PM

Do you have a sun roof? If so it could be a clogged drain.
Stan

2002 S40 1.9T - R.I.P.
1998 V70 NA - Sold

Remember kids, Speed doesn't kill ... impact does!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:17 PM

Default yes but no

I do have a sun roof and I thought that could be the source but there is no sign of water running down from above. Plus I tested the sun roof drains and they run fine. in fact I ran a little bleach water through them tonight to kill what might be growing in there. Thanks for your input.
John
Old 08-03-2010, 12:12 AM
2007 Volvo S60

Is there 2 drains or 4? I don't know and was wandering for my own curiosity. I unplug VW and Audi drains all the time but can't say I've ever had to do a Volvo...
Old 08-03-2010, 10:24 PM

Another thought is the A/C condensation drain might be clogged.
Stan

2002 S40 1.9T - R.I.P.
1998 V70 NA - Sold

Remember kids, Speed doesn't kill ... impact does!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:26 PM

Default condensation

AC Condensation was my first thought but I thought I would check the sunroof first. Now I have to get up under the car and find the drain hole for the ac.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:36 AM

Most common problem is the sunroof drains but also had the a/c drain problem too and it on the left side. Ur best bet is to remove the passenger side carpet and run the car for a few min. To see if its leaking from the a/c drain through the inside. Easy fix. If its the sunroof drain its kinda tricky but not to hard.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:48 AM

If the right side was wet, i would say the a/c drain, not the left.

Sunroof drains more than likely need to be replaced, common problem, dealers know about. There are other leaks that occur though in the body, tell your dealer to print you out the bulletin 14545, I am looking at it now!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:50 PM

I'd say the sunroof drains. You may have tested it, but I'm sure it happened during big down pours. Replacing those is a pain in the butt. I think it's mostly the angle they go into the dash and out into the cowel.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:50 PM

Tags
air, condensation, conditioning, core, driver, drivers, floor, front, heater, s40, s60, side, volvo, water, wet, xc70