Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

2001 V70 SRS Airbag Message!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 V70 SRS Airbag Message!!!

Yesterday I had to remove my climate control and CD player on my 01 V70 T5 and didn't disconnect the battery. When I hooked everything back up and started the car the SRS Airbag Service Urgent message appeared in the dash. I have done some research and it appears that there is no way to fix this yourself (unless you have some sort of scan tool).

Here is my question.....The airbag light does not stay on like I thought it would, I just have the little orange triangle that will not go off and the message wont go away. Is this something that a local mechanic who has done work on my car for years can clear out?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Old 02-17-2011, 10:59 AM

I did the exact same thing. I wanted to replace a light bulb in a vacuum gauge that I installed next to my after market radio and made the mistake of unplugging the air conditioning harness from the back of the control panel and forgot to disconnect the battery first....and I knew better than to do that! The SRS message popped up as well as the orange triangle.
I mailed my SRS module to a fellow who sells a reset service on eBay to be reset; he specializes in resetting modules from cars that have been in a crash so he's not sure if his reset will help me or not. I sure hope so; I don't want to give my Volvo stealer any more of my money than I have to. His service cost $41 and the local dealer charges $88. I should have the SRS module back by early next week so I'll let you know if this works; cross your fingers.
Please share any info that you find on the subject. Maybe we can save each other some $.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:44 PM

Let me know if the Ebay service works because I am like you, I dont want to pay the stealership any more than I have to!

Old 02-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Unhappy reset didn't work

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I just spent $41 for nothing. The company in Lawrenceville , GA that I sent my air bag module to reset it but after I re-installed everything the "Urgent-Air Bag" light is still on.
I did a service light reset but that didn't change anything, so I guess it's off to the stealer.....damn, I hate to give them my money.
Bill

PS- I read somewhere on a forum that one owner claimed his SRS light reset itself after a few weeks, but I don't have much faith in that.

Last edited by billshoff; 02-25-2011 at 08:37 PM. Reason: spelling corrected
Old 02-26-2011, 05:37 AM

Is there a Wiz electrician/mechanic out there that knows how to stop those airbag warnings???

Old 03-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Question SRS module codes indicate a problem w/ seats.

I took my V70 to an independent shop that specializes in foreign cars and he reset the SRS module but the light came back on immediately. The codes indicate problems with both front seats but I can't find any disconnected or damaged wiring under the seats or under the center console.
Anyone have ideas on what I should look for next? We were in a very minor accident in early January that left a hole the size of a golf ball in the rear bumper but the SRS light didn't come on then...it came on after I unplugged the HVAC control panel and turned the ignition on. Yeah, I know....I'm STUPID! I should have known better. I had read the Haynes manual just after I bought this car last year but I forgot to disconnect the battery.
I suppose that I could have a bad seat sensor but how do I check them?

Old 03-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Default Finally got the SRS light out.

Since my last post the Check Engine light has come on so I went back to the independent shop and they found a MAP code. So after they replaced the MAP, they re-programed the whole computer and now the Check Engine and SRS lights are off.
Cost: $400