Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

Door Lock or Actuator?

Old 02-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Lock or Actuator?

My repair skill level is low, though not non-existent.

Here are three door lock related questions:

Passenger door lock goes up and down when you use key or driver-side panel, but the door never locks. Could that be the door lock? or the Actuator?

Rear hatch door lock sometimes goes up and down with key or driver side panel. Sometimes (independently of first symptom) locks, sometimes not. Could this be the door lock? or the Actuator?

Old fobs have died and/or been lost in a kid beverage. Is there a cheap alternative that can be programmed by me? or do I need to pony up the bucks to have a dealer do it?

Thanks in Advance,

-Todzilla

Last edited by Todzilla; 02-09-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:27 PM

1. Front Door: likely bad Actuator: about $130 or so online. Use only Volvo part.
http://www.trademotion.com/splash/in...?siteid=213784

Look under "Front Door", "Lock Hardware".

Or Google for "Volvo 8628224".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LreeVUCemrw

a. Remove INNER Door Panel.
b. The Door Actuator is right there, very easy to replace, just watch the existing setup and replace it.

2. Your Rear Gate problem, maybe similar.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:28 AM

Thanks, that helps a lot.

I'm using that same volvo wholesale parts site to try to find the right part for my rear gate. I'm unable to find the difference between a Dual Stage Lock and a Single Stage Lock. Any clues?

Old 02-09-2010, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Todzilla
Thanks, that helps a lot.

I'm using that same volvo wholesale parts site to try to find the right part for my rear gate. I'm unable to find the difference between a Dual Stage Lock and a Single Stage Lock. Any clues?
For the REAR Tailgate lock, your best bet is to remove the Trim work, then remove the lock to check for PN so you can order the appropriate PN.

I just noticed you live in Hillsboro NC. "Crown Auto" has a large network in NC and also sells parts online (I bought alot from them online).
They also have a dealership in Greensboro, about 40 miles from you.
Look through here, find the PN, call them up and pick it up when available. The Volvo actuator (Volvo 8628224) is listed for $108! Very good price!
https://secure.webmakerx.net/Default....crownauto.com

Last edited by cn90; 02-09-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by cn90
For the REAR Tailgate lock, your best bet is to remove the Trim work, then remove the lock to check for PN so you can order the appropriate PN.

I just noticed you live in Hillsboro NC. "Crown Auto" has a large network in NC and also sells parts online (I bought alot from them online).
They also have a dealership in Greensboro, about 40 miles from you.
Look through here, find the PN, call them up and pick it up when available. The Volvo actuator (Volvo 8628224) is listed for $108! Very good price!
https://secure.webmakerx.net/Default....crownauto.com
Damn, you're good! Crown's kinda sleazy on the sales-weasel side, but I'll take your advice as part suppliers!

Old 02-15-2010, 05:07 AM

Is a broken power door lock or door lock actuator leaving you and your car unprotected? Well, don't risk it when you can fix it with a new power door lock actuator from 1A Auto! Our heavy-duty, smooth-operating, easy to install power door lock actuator products are built from the finest materials and to the highest quality control standards in the industry. We carry power door actuator units for hundreds of makes and late models, many of which are improved from OEM designs and still cost less!
Power lock door actuator units are direct replacements for broken or loose parts.
Our door lock actuator is electrically operated, not vacuum operated.
Door lock assemblies feature anodized steel housing to resist corrosion.

So if you don't feel safe because of a worn out or sticky lock actuator, 1A Auto has the replacement you need! For any questions regarding our door lock products,