Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

New 2015 XC60 owner!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 08:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2015 XC60 owner!

Hello there...

I just bought a new 2015 XC60 T6 AWD w/ Primer Plus yesterday. It had 6 miles on it 8) when I drove out. I test drove it with the plastics covers still on the car!! It must have just gotten off the truck.

I have never owned a Volvo before and I was sold for lots of safety features such as City Safe. The car feels very firm and powerful. I thought about getting an Acura RDX but when I looked at it at a dealer, doors felt like a beer can when closing. My other option was BMW X3 but, I have owned 3 Series before, I wanted give Volvo a try and didn't want that bimmer image.

So far, I am very happy with the new vehicle and really impressed with all the new technology applied to new models these days. I traded in my 02 GMC Envoy which still has a cassette tape deck which I bought 13 years ago. 8)

Looking forward to share new Volvo experiences and useful maintenance information as I have always liked taking care of things on my own.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:47 PM

I just bought a New 14 T6AWD. I'm very pleased as well! Great vehicle!

Old 04-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We purchased a new 2014 XC60 T6 AWD IN January with Platinum pkg, Sport pkg, Climate pkg, BLIS pkg, Rich JAVA Metalic Paint and Urbane Wood Inlays. Great so far! Thought about the 2015 but not enough info on engine size other than the new 4c which we were not interested in vs the 6c. Enjoy your wheels

Old 04-18-2014, 03:35 PM

If anyone is interested, here is some more info on the 2015 XC70 engine:
Fuel economy city:17mpg
Fuel economy highway:24mpg
Variable valve control
Transmission:6 speed automatic
Engine liters:3.0
Manual-shift auto:Geartronic
Fuel tank capacity:18.5gal.
Fuel economy combined:20mpg
Cylinder configuration:I-6
Engine location:front
Recommended fuel:regular unleaded
Variable intake manifold
Number of valves:24
Drive type:All-Wheel Drive
Limited slip differential
Compressor:intercooled turbo

Old 06-27-2014, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Junster
Hello there...

I just bought a new 2015 XC60 T6 AWD w/ Primer Plus yesterday. It had 6 miles on it 8) when I drove out. I test drove it with the plastics covers still on the car!! It must have just gotten off the truck.

I have never owned a Volvo before and I was sold for lots of safety features such as City Safe. The car feels very firm and powerful. I thought about getting an Acura RDX but when I looked at it at a dealer, doors felt like a beer can when closing. My other option was BMW X3 but, I have owned 3 Series before, I wanted give Volvo a try and didn't want that bimmer image.

So far, I am very happy with the new vehicle and really impressed with all the new technology applied to new models these days. I traded in my 02 GMC Envoy which still has a cassette tape deck which I bought 13 years ago. 8)

Looking forward to share new Volvo experiences and useful maintenance information as I have always liked taking care of things on my own.
Just did a new '15 T6 myself! After owning the last of the Saabs ('11 9-5 Turbo) and loving that, I knew I didn't want the typical Audi/BMW/Mercedes deal. Love the XC so far!

Old 02-08-2015, 03:23 PM

I ALSO just got a new 2015 xc60 R design
Platinum with BLIS and climate package!
I am love. This is a beautiful car
Best of luck with your new vechicle

Old 02-08-2015, 07:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waadman what did you not like about the the 4 cylinder? When it comes to power the T6 version of the 4cylinder drive e engines puts out the same amount of power as the 6 cylinder thanks to the supercharger and turbo. It also gets better fuel economy than the 6 cylinder. Volvo is leaning towards using the 4 cylinder drive e engines on all of their cars.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Damien good question and update!

Damien,

Just an old fart with traditional ideas about previous experiences and research on 4c vs 6c in general.
At the time we were purchasing the dealer didn't have much information on the 2015 and the 4c engine.
We love our 2014 and the 6c
Looking and waiting on the XC90's to see what they will be offering down the road

Waadman

Old 02-08-2015, 08:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh believe me, I love the Si6 T6 engines but the new 4 cylinders are really starting to grow on me. The XC90s are gonna to come out with the T6 drive e engine but (supposedly) there are going to be more options. The interior is going to what is what I can't wait for.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:46 AM
Default New 2015 XC60 Ocean Race owner

I also just purchased anXC60. Its a 2015.5 model - Ocean Race edition. Its my first XC60, but my 3rd Volvo. I traded in my 2004 S60, with 161K miles, and in need of a new turbo charger. My wife drives a 2006 XC90 Ocean Race, so now we have his and hers Ocean Racers! This is the first Volvo we purchased without going to Sweden to pick it up. I think you will be very happy with your Volvo. I'm liking the Volvo On Call app, using the remote start a lot! And I love the new Sensus, the cool dashboard options,and all the bluetooth and voice control options! Oh yeah; I got the "blonde" interior, so my car is "blonde & blue"just like the Swedes!
Hello there...

Last edited by evguy; 03-02-2015 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-04-2015, 07:58 PM

Junster,
Hi Congrats on your new purchase. I also just bought a 2015 XC60 T6 AWD for my wife today. I have to go pick it up on friday since the selection in our town is very limited. To be honest I don't know a whole lot about it this car or volvo other than they are safe. She saw one at the mall display, after she went out and test drove one she said she was in love and wanted it. I bought it brand new over the phone today and now playing catch up with regards, to what I have gotten myself into. The price was right at 36500 (tax an lic not included, after much haggling) so I jumped on it cause I was told in my town it would be more than 40. Anyway I downloaded the brochure and learning as much as I can but I have one question. No where does it list navigation as a standard feature on the printout. Is that an option? Thanks for the help

Old 03-05-2015, 09:55 AM

Hi, good luck with new car for your wife. I am pretty sure that the NAV is an option. I paid just about 40K for Premier Plus trim level with some added options such as heated seats & rear view cam & etc. If you visit volvo.com, you can compare the options between the trim levels. (Premier Plus, Platinum, Inscription, R design... and so on)

I heard that NAV come in XC60 is not as good and people complain about user interface a lot. In general, I don't really care for built in NAV unless it must come with car I want to buy. My smartphone does better job giving me direction if I needed and does not cost $$$!!!. 8) However, I don't mind paying for other tech options like cams, park asst, adoptive cruise, BLISS and etc.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:22 PM

Hi, good luck with new car for your wife. I am pretty sure that the NAV is an option. I paid just about 40K for Premier Plus trim level with some added options such as heated seats & rear view cam & etc. If you visit volvo.com, you can compare the options between the trim levels. (Premier Plus, Platinum, Inscription, R design... and so on)

I heard that NAV come in XC60 is not as good and people complain about user interface a lot. In general, I don't really care for built in NAV unless it must come with car I want to buy. My smartphone does better job giving me direction if I needed and does not cost $$$!!!. 8) However, I don't mind paying for other tech options like cams, park asst, adoptive cruise, BLISS and etc.

Junster- What problems are you hearing with the NAV interface??
I'm learning mine fairly easily. I like the options for 3D &/or Split Screen. I alsi like that I can send destinations to the NAV from my cell phone app. Also - The NAV voice subtly overrides the sound system, so my music is virtually uninterrupted when receiving directions. I'm really happy with this newXC60 so far