Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any 2016 XC90 owners out there

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by myxc90lemon
I cant get them to the table on a reasonable lemon law buyback they are charging me a $1 a mile for use. Any info would be appreciated!
Get a Lemon Law Attorney. We have returned two vehicles using a firm that specializes in Lemon Law. Most will work on a contingency basis and the last time we returned a lemon Infiniti paid all of our attorney fees and we essentially got a refund check for the car. We had it for almost 13 months and it was like we just took it back and returned it. Good luck.

Old 12-10-2016, 07:22 AM
Default 2017 XC90 T8 Inscription

Took possession of my hybrid last week and in the shop for the second time. First issue was a question of a ghost code regarding the heads up display that was corrected. Recent issue is the the sensus screen died. Yes, the dreaded blue screen of death that was not amenable to the usual reboots, software updates and fuse checks. Our local dealer is dependent on a progression of distal Volvo sites troubleshooting the software glitches. This makes the length of my sojourn with loaner cars very unclear. It really is a beautiful car and hopefully they can get the bugs out before the new car experience disappears into the bowels of dealership to manufacturer repair needs. Any other experiences yet with the 2017 XC90 incription hybrids?

Old 12-10-2016, 09:00 AM
Angry Volvo xc 90 momentum

The car is nice but the computer and maintenance service suck!
I basically had to visit the maintenance (under warantee) like every 1 or 2 months! I am getting fed up with it and just sent Volvo a complaint letter!

"Dear Volvo worldwide,

I am writing in Hong Kong to express my deepest concern and dissatisfaction to the continual problems of the XC90 Momentum since it was delivered last Oct 2016, and the poor performance of the maintenance service centre of your company.

I regret also to note that some of the defects are repeatedly recurring despite continual repair from your service centre (e.g. the sudden turn-off of the display, sudden lighting up of battery signal sign and various warning sign, non adjustable interior air temperature, loosening of parts both interior and exterior etc etc.)

It has come to my grave concern that some of the recurring defects may have detrimental effects on safety of the car (e.g. how can I know when the sudden come-up of warning lights is genuine or false? Should I take any measures when a certain kind of warning light is up?)

I must point out that every time I bring the car back to the maintenance centre, the issues are not properly fixed. (e.g. the car was back to the centre 3 times to fix a “noise problem”. e.g. the sudden ‘display off’ problem recurs after last month’s repair of which I was told that its been thoroughly fixed!)

From my experience, new problems comes up every time the car is delivered back to me. ( e.g. more noise problems after 1st and 2nd fix; AC problem has never been addressed well when I was only told on the 3rd fix that it might be the sensor problems etc. )

In addition It is also very annoying to me that the car is never delivered back in a clean and tidy manner. (e.g. either it is full of oil marks both interior and exterior, or the car interior is messy or the display setting is reset without my prior notice, etc )
In short, it is so messy that even a local garage would not give you that kind of standard.

It seems to me that your centre management has problems in the following areas:

1) They are not acquainted with the required technical know-hows. Staff, especially with up-to-date knowledge of the new XC series. (observed in the continual repair needed where nothing can be properly fixed in one go)

2) Understaffed (observed from the rush and hectic experience in car delivery arrangement and repair time)

3) Staff poorly trained (expressed in the messiness of car and handling of complains without client’s satisfaction)

What is most worrying me is that the car seems to be either defective before it is sold, or there is inherent or hidden problems which have not yet disclosed or thoroughly tested. I am like a guinea pig testing out your XC90 for defects and bugs which should be your job but not mine!

The whole experience has brought about so much inconvenience and disturbance to our daily life and the car’s safety is highly in doubt!.
I must also point out that my family has suffered a lot in time and monetary terms due to your unprofessional repair service and poor car quality. Evert time we have to spend extra time for rearrangement of driving habits, taking public transport, and re scheduling our kids and family time table to suit your unacceptable lengthy and frequent repairs!

Now I even have to buy a second car as a back-up to the unreliable XC90!

Here is my demand:

1) Please carry out a thorough car checkup and get defects fixed within 1 week. I hope the defects are properly fixed once and for all and your statement on all the past defects rectification should be warranted.

2) Refund of my warranty fee due to your lack of proper repair to our car.

3) Your suggestion of compensations to our loss over the whole maintenance period where problems are continually recurring.

I hope you could look into the matters seriously and on priority and I am looking forward to your favourable reply within 7 days, failing which I am left with no choice but to bring the matter further.

Last words: Volvo is a world renowned brand associated with safety, quality and service, but my painful experience has witnessed the otherwise."

Old 12-14-2016, 12:54 PM
Default Inscription T8 System reboots

Originally Posted by Robert Mamlok
Took possession of my hybrid last week and in the shop for the second time. First issue was a question of a ghost code regarding the heads up display that was corrected. Recent issue is the the sensus screen died. Yes, the dreaded blue screen of death that was not amenable to the usual reboots, software updates and fuse checks. Our local dealer is dependent on a progression of distal Volvo sites troubleshooting the software glitches. This makes the length of my sojourn with loaner cars very unclear. It really is a beautiful car and hopefully they can get the bugs out before the new car experience disappears into the bowels of dealership to manufacturer repair needs. Any other experiences yet with the 2017 XC90 incription hybrids?
Got my Inscription T8 in January, and I have been quite happy. Stuffet with all available equipments, everything. But when driving at Autobahn in Germany this summer, going about 180 km/h (above 100 mph), the screen went black, the instrument panel disappeared, the driving modus changed from power to hybrid, - frlt I lost the control of the car. I got scarred! Three kids and my wife as passengers.
I reported the problem, has got software updates two times, but the problem happens often now. When driving home from work today the screen went black several times. Seems as a software problem. But when it occures it influences the safety of my driving. And much of the safety systems in the car disables during the system restart. A realy annoying and dangerous failure! Any else with this problem??

Old 04-27-2017, 08:33 AM
Angry Problems with 2016 XC90 T8

We bought our $84k TX90T8 about a year ago and it's been nothing but problems. We've had it in the shop twice for a total of 30 days to fix problems with the hybrid system. Message from car was "Hybrid System Failure, take to dealer immediately". Both times we were out of town. In the first instance, we ran out of gas before we could get it to the dealer and the car wouldn't restart.
Had to get it towed to the dealer. The second time we had enough gas to get it to the dealer fortunately. We also had issues with the "Park Assist" where it intermittently would shut off. Our dealer finally determined that one of the sensors was broken and they replaced it. Another time, my wife was driving it down the highway with the kids in the car when it suddenly lost all power. Thankfully she was able to get it to the curb safely. She called the dealer who's advice was to "turn the car off and then turn it back on". She did so and it worked - but the whole situation did not engender confidence in the car. Not been a great experience thus far and we're only a year into it!

Old 06-04-2017, 05:06 PM
Default Complete blackout/shutdown.

We purchased out vehicle Sept 2015 In Dec 2016, same thing happened to me. Luckily it was in a parking lot. It was towed to the dealership where a software "upgrade" was done. No problems until a month ago (May 2017) when it happened again. I was on a city street and one by one everything shut down. It rebooted and a couple minutes later the exact same thing happened. Took it to the dealer and a complete "new" software was installed. I hope this fixes it as we will be traveling this summer and would hate for it to happen in a cell phone dead area on the interstate miles from anywhere.
Originally Posted by KCXC90
I ordered my vehicle last November. It arrived late June! Three weeks later (today) it was towed back to the dealer. While driving the vehicle today the screen with speedometer and tachometer went blank. The car lost all accelerating power, and I could only drive at 5 - 10 miles per hour (I couldn't determine how slow because the screen was blank). On a busy roadway, this experience was more than a little dangerous. The dealership provided me a loaner but won't be able to investigate my problems until next week. I have to admit more than a little buyer's remorse, particularly after now finding the threads of ongoing electrical problems reported by other owners. Has anyone out there experienced similar problems and had them resolved with ongoing reliability?

Old 07-08-2017, 04:41 PM

I am having same issues with my 2016 xc90 t6 r-design
my car was in a dealer service for 2times already and each took a week for them to work on and still see water all over in rear cabin after the rain
schedule for 3rd service for same issues and when I call back service manager was frustrated. if 3rd time doesn't get it fix right, iam thinking next step

Old 07-08-2017, 06:36 PM
Default i have same leaking issues in rear cabin area mine is 2016 xc90 t6 r-design

i had 2 visits to a dealer for service on my xc90 for leaking water in rear cabin area
service manager told me same story visit after visit that they have tested with the water hose to spray water on my car and didn't leak
but when i check my car after the rain still the same problem i made my 3rd service schedule already next week
hoping that i will have no issues with this car because 3 trips in a month is just too much

Old 07-08-2017, 07:27 PM
Old 07-08-2017, 07:29 PM

my pics.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by bolinp78
Me, me me! I was driving in rain a few days ago and the car behind me hit a puddle and splashed water on the front of my car. The red collision warning lights came on along with the super loud beeping and scared the bejeezus out of me. Regardless if these issues are "widespread" or not, this car has some SERIOUS problems.
We have a 2017 Inspiration T8 Hybrid. At times, when I'm maneuvering from the left lane to the right to go around a sleeper in the left lane, the red light and "LOOK OUT, YOU'RE GONNA CRASH" SIREN go off for half a second. I've used the lane change signal to let the car to the right know that I'm changing lanes. I believe the collision sensing cameras on the front see the rate of approach to the car in front and trigger the warning. This is a normal maneuver for me as I don't like following sleepers in the left lane and move around them as frequently as I can to use the empty right lane.

Old 01-25-2018, 05:45 PM
Default Considering Lemon Filing on 2016 XC90 R-Design

Hello to the Volvo Forum Members. I really appreciate the sharing of information as we are also troubled with multiple technical problems with our 2016 XC90 R-Design delivered Feb 2016.
Although we love the distinctive exterior design and high quality interior, it is obvious that too many Chinese built parts came from the parent owner Geely's supply chain and are failing. Not OK for $60K vehicle.

List of Problems
1- Automatic breaking was a safety problem and went away with software updates
2- Low fuel milage is a continuous problem as 16MPG ia not my expectation for city driving out of a 4 Cylinder.
3- Back hatch has closed on us without warning and striking me in the head and drawing blood. This has happened over a dozen times
4- Battery has not held a charge and 3 battery replacements happened.
5- All rotors/brakes/brake pads were replaced for squeaking.
6- The axles were replaced which was disappointing..
7- Current problem is Stop/Start does NOT work despite numerous attempts to fix. (Volvo Dealer claims XC90 parameters are Stop/Start only works when battery is 75% charged) This is unacceptable as it never works even after a two hour drive and they have tried a 4th repair. They claim 3800 stages were recorded and most were under 10 minutes and this is causing the battery to not charge. I have driven multiple new Audis, Mercedes and even a 2017 Volvo s60 and stop/start works.

Volvo does NOT have arbitration so I would be interested to hear what next steps other owners have taken as I would like to switch back to German Vehicles and get a refund.

I would assume I have to send a registered letter to Volvo USA and request a buyback before filing Lemon Law paperwork. Please advise and share how long the process took

Thanks
GT