Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dallas service dept never heard of anti skid light

Old 08-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dallas service dept never heard of anti skid light

Brought my 2003 XC90 V8 in for recall on fuel pump. I come back to the dealer from having lunch & the service advisor tells me my car is ready. I get in the car and the anti skid light is on. I ask him what that means & he looks at me like I'm from outer space. I ask him why he didn't say anything when I returned. Not getting anywhere, so I leave the dealership and call the service mgr. He calls me back & says after my car was washed the light came on & they returned to service but could not figure out what was wrong so they just put it back in the service drive. He apologized for the service advisor not saying anything. Anyway, after several phone calls back & forth, they have no idea what is wrong with my car, but asked for me to leave it there for a couple days so they can try to fix it. He also told me that several codes came up when they brought it back to service & when I asked them what they were he just said a communication error. I told him I didn't feel comfortable leaving my car so that they could muck around with it until they figured it out. I told him that I was surprised that after seeing all the Volvo's with this same problem on the internet they have never encountered it. He told me the same thing happened to his XC90, light kept going on & off but they could not figure out what was wrong. My car has 34,000 mi and between all the transmission, tire and computer problems I don't think I will ever purchase another Volvo. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what dealer was it?

Old 08-29-2010, 11:03 AM

u had the recall 220 done. the connector to the rear wheel sensor are next to the fuel pump connectors maybe they got pinched or diconected. also do u have the fault they say are on the car. the most common problem is a contact reel on anti-skid for xc90. could be trash blocking a sensor.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:29 AM

Thanks for your replies. I appreciate the helpful suggestions.
The service manager told me 2 codes came up when I asked what they were he said he would get them and call me back. When he called back he said there was a communication error DEM. I am scheduled to take in back to the dealer tomorrow so I will ask about the rear wheel sensor and if it may have been disconnected.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:52 AM

Thank you so much for your reply. My car is going on the 2nd day at Volvo service and they still do not know what is causing the anti skid light to be on. I suggested they look to see if some wires may have been pinched or disconnected when they were fixing the fuel pump as you recommended but so far they can't seem to figure anything out.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:59 PM

ask what codes they have maybe can help.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Default DEM & CEM bad on Volvo XC90

The dealer tells me today that DEM & CEM codes are coming up on my car. DEM 0094 and CEM 1864. DEM not communicating and CEM communication with AOC module missing. Said that they if they fix DEM and when asked how much to fix CEM and they said that DEM would fix everything. I asked how many times they have done this repair and they said not many. I also told them that I have read that many people pay to have this fixed and then something else goes wrong and they are right back to where they started. Not going to fix the car right now, don't have the $$.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:18 PM

Are these the codes thay gave u. Cause I'm not pulling these codes up at all .

Old 09-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dumb question, but are you sure you have a V8?

Old 09-03-2010, 09:03 AM

Those are the codes they gave me and thought I have a V8 but on looking at the paperwork on the car I have 6 cyl twin turbo.
From what I understand Volvo is the only option I have to fix this problem and I can honestly say I don't have a lot of confidence in Park Place Volvo at this time.
They fixed my fuel pump (recall) and after having the car washed the anti skid light came on. They took it back to the garage and learned that there was a communications error that was causing the light to come on, put the car back in the service drive and never said a word to me about it when I went to pick up the car. They also never documented the problem on my paperwork. They tell me the car is safe to drive as long as I don't get into a situation where I need the ABS to work. Seems to me that you would want to give the customer a "heads up" not act like they didn't notice it. Also, the service advisor told me all they did was fix the fuel pump and nothing else which wasn't entirely true because I learned from the service mngr. that they took it back to the shop to figure out why the light came on. My opinion is they must not have concern for the safety of their customers.