Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replace icm and CD 2005-->2008. Restail. Upgrade.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Replace icm and CD 2005-->2008. Restail. Upgrade.

Hi, i have Volvo XC90 2005.
I am replace icm and CD(MP2)--->icm LCD and IAM

Final!-press>>

Perhaps, many owners of cars dorestaylingovoy rejuvenates your pet replacement bumpers, mirrors, priborok, headlights and other things, almost everything can be done by replacing one another. The only place that could not be changed is monochrome or as it is called matrix display. Yes, Volvo electrics based on the software and you can not always download software from 2008 to 2005.
Two years ago, bought the entire panel of restyling (bought for silver krutilok and Celsiuses ... I have the Americans) tried from there to replace the display, but the miracle did not happen ... display includes showing image and immediately proffer, the display only adjust the sound - bass, balances and other, only the good of it was not enough, I thought, sorry, but I think probably somebody put on the Internet and everything has been done to me. After reading the forums and asking silly questions electricians Volvo's response was one - one can not splice grow together, I certainly believe it all and upset ... So I did not continue to do this upgrade, but in vain! Two years have passed ...
again recently crept thought that since the display was switched, then some sort of relationship with him there. Found car electrical circuits MY2005 and MY2008 and began to seek common ground ... as it turned out schemes dorestaylinge display (ICM) and sidyuk (MP2) connected in the same way as in the restyling sidyuk only has the name of the IAM. Razdnitsa was only that the different plug. It was decided to try to connect everything. According schemes to determine which contacts and connect with anything. And now the time of inclusion ... WORKS! Of course, I was very happy ... victory!
Looking ahead and say that there is a separate unit dorestayle ATM antenna, it receives radio wave and transmits it to the modules MP2 and ICM on optics. A restyling in the antenna is located on the glasses, and is connected through an amplifier to sidyuk like a normal car antenna, tobish sidyuk IAM processes and wave, that is, it includes ATM antenna unit. Generally speaking, all this can be upgraded on the cars in 2005 and 2006, but in 2004 cars. chance to put we can say no!
And so we need all the multimedia console, because the body which hides sidyuk Restayl IAM little bit more and in dorestaylingovoy housing will not fit ... but can be finished as always ...
What it is a restyled version of the all probably seen

And this is filmed version rear view

The console should include the display - unit ICM and sidyuk - the IAM unit.
In our dorestaylingovoy display connector is the same, so it is simply swap.

It is desirable to have a connector on the gray 14-pin to block the IAM, but if you went without plugs, then it does not matter it is sold.

What we need, we need to connect the wiring dorestaylingovoy restyled sidyuk

That plug behind IAM

you need to start only three contacts, the picture shown in green, blue can later withdraw the AUX, yes yes, he too is also a staff! Surprise is one more later ... Read more
From our dorestaylovogo sidyuka take out the plug and disassemble it (picture below), that sort of thing in our hands, and as we can see here only three contact brown, purple and purple with white
Brown is in our plug №8
Violet-White is in the plug №1
Violet is in the plug №2

Coming from the IAM unit outputs aux cable - it pins 7, 9, 14, shown in the diagram which contacts that means.
I just cut the old headphone wire and connected to the terminals

The optical plug, we also need to make out, because the black case will not get into the new block
optics connect, even if you mix up is not terrible, just reversed. Optical cable without plug fixed bad, so there should be something to cram temporarily plug the optical cable is not popped up.
Once we're connected we still have not involved two round slot on the right. This antenna!
Hence one slot in Figure number 1, it connects the antenna without an amplifier, but the number 2 is under the main antenna, which is to be amplified. As we can see a small plug and not the standard (although the majority of Audi, WV, and other marks it just so). Here we need an adapter for a conventional antenna and the antenna with the connector, and then it is on sale! The antenna is located in Restayl rear glasses, we do not, so buy the antenna in normal type amplifier blaupunkt autofunline or Calearo ANT 76 97 015 or ATM VA EL - 60, the last two antennas as an example, and they are Italian. Himself put CALEARO.

And so that's what kind of adapter and if it is to search on the internet, the name of the plug Fakra. They are actually a lot of different, and different manufacturers, but these can be bought quickly. I bought just two as in the first picture and called zrs-fakra-din

There are two possibilities to put two antennas on each slot or two slots to use a single antenna. Here as you like. Himself is put one of the main slot, in Moscow and in the country is great. The antenna itself can stick on the glass (but this farm), or hidden in the ceiling, there are many places in the glass or in a regular antenna zone, decide for yourself, I'm still set on the glass, then hide in a regular place ...

That's actually all! The most important thing interfering with the wiring, very good for insulate wires not to peretёrlis not locked with a mass, there is all the same 12 volts on two wires, and it is fraught with the closure of all the consequences.

And so what we got:
1) restyling view LCD display and it works in two modes Restayl day / night sensor for illumination.
2) We got Sidyuk reading discs with mp3, with it as a CD-R, and CD-RW, what other formats have not studied ... tell yourself)
3) We got home restaylovy aux! Now do not soldered to the antenna, as many do.

Now, errors and other ... Connected mind picture is ... The network does not burn two blocks is an ATM and MP2, antenna apparently ignores the ICM, as the kakayato part of the antenna unit is in the IAM, and our unit MP2 replaced by IAM. Since in our model, the IAM is not compromised, and that the network can not see it, too. Errors in general there is no
Then if you do get in the mind, then you need to look for craftsmen who will be able to merge CEM firmware and configuration rewrite cars ... perhaps it or not I do not know, but I think everything is possible.