Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Time for some summer shoes!

Old 04-20-2013, 02:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Time for some summer shoes!

Well, I was going to put my summer wheels (17" volans) on this weekend, but then remembered "crap, the tires are shot!" and I need to get new ones. Size (I believe) is 205/45-17. I'm looking at the Continental ExtremeContact DW tires. Anyone have any input on these? Something I could get better for around the same money? I live in northern Indiana, and deal with plenty of unpredictable weather. Winter traction is not an issue, as I have my winter wheels with Bridgestone Blizzaks on them.

Just want to see what everyone else likes, and why. I don't want to hear "that tire sucks, and this is the best" with no reasoning behind it - that's not really helpful.

The Contis can be had at tire rack (which I live 15 minutes away from) for $416 with road hazard included. Seems to me to be a pretty good deal - and probably handles better than your economy tires like the sumitomo, kumho, hankook, etc.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Administrator
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ibified
I don't want to hear "that tire sucks, and this is the best" with no reasoning behind it - that's not really helpful.

It's not always about you

(just giving your thread a bump)

I'm interested too, but I'm still on the rubber it came with.