Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Bluetooth restarts while synchronizing the phone

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 06:00 AM
JDN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth restarts while synchronizing the phone

Hello,

Last week my Nokia Lumia 820 has been updated with de "Nokia Black" update. In this update, the bluetooth of the phone has been upgraded tot version 4.0.

Now, the bluetooth connection in my Volvo S40 (year 2012) is restarting when the car is synchronizing with the phone. Also the radio and RTI navigation is restarting.
I removed the connection on both sides and added the phone again to the car bluetooth. Without success.
I asked my Volvo dealer, but he hasn't heard any problems like I have. He advised me to wait till there will be a new bluetooth version for my S40 available (which is now 09.08_R).

Does anyone recognize this problem, or (even better) does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:36 AM

Hi,

I'm looking for answer to this also.
I'm having Samsung Galaxy S2 and Volvo V50 (2011). My issues started when I accidentally synced my contacts with gmail-accounts - apparently there's some character in contacts I've imported from gmail that Volvo cannot sync. I'm really really really angry for Volvo for NOT supporting me with this at all, and I'm totally mad that I've found comments around Internet that Volvo is declining any kind of issues with them.

But for a proposed fix, check this:
Lumia 920 - Update Lumia Black - Bluetooth problem... - Nokia Support Discussions

"So my tip to the Volvo drivers who have problems with the Lumia Black update is to sift through their phonebooks in search of entries that look strange (like a name being displayed on 2 lines) and delete or alter these phonebook entries."

Hope this helps someone and blame and shame on you Volvo for not telling this publicly! (or shame on me if I just didn't find an answer from Volvo anywhere)

Old 03-22-2014, 07:47 AM
JDN

Update:

I went to my dealer to update the bluetooth software in my Volvo to the latest version, and that did the trick.
The reset problem while syncing the phone book is fixed now.