Canada, Over Seas & Elsewhere Not from the states? Everywhere else post here.

Instrument cluster repair in Maple Ridge, BC

Old 12-17-2016, 04:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instrument cluster repair in Maple Ridge, BC

This is just to make you aware of a fairly inexpensive and reliable shop in BC, Canada, dedicated to nothing but repairing instrument clusters for any and all vehicles. The guy there, Dennis, says he fixes about 50 clusters per month.
(I have no affiliation with him, I am only a happy customer.) It's a little place in the forest on the edge of Golden Ears Provincial Park (next to a prison for ladies!), about 60km east of downtown Vancouver. You can pop out your PC board, ship it to him, and he said he will ship it back in about a day. He warranties his work for a year.
His number is (604) 761-3291. His prices (C$) for each type of vehicle are on his web site. If you're able to drive your vehicle to him, he can install and test the repaired cluster in the vehicle to ensure that it works. If it doesn't, it's easier to diagnose the problem in the vehicle. Cars can be usually driven without the cluster installed, but if you have the time, you might be able to schedule him to remove and fix it while you wait.
Even if you're getting your vehicle fixed in some garage, I think you would be well advised to have them send the cluster to a dedicated shop like this, because the mechanical techs typically don't have a clue about electronics. They probably hate to work on clusters, and would be glad to consider this option.