Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Forum Issues (https://volvoforums.com/forum/forum-issues-8/)
-   -   Critical Posts (https://volvoforums.com/forum/forum-issues-8/critical-posts-33593/)

frustrator-bolt 08-20-2009 09:24 AM

Critical Posts

I joined this forum to share my experiences and help others who can help me in return. I find that other members posts that are about how they wouldn't do what I did to be counterproductive and a waste of the forum members time. Lets try to remember that each member has their own level of skills ranging from none to advanced. Also that there are some jobs that a novice should not undertake and that the safety of themselves and their loved ones might be at stake. So there is a range of answers to many of the forums inquiries and we need to keep that in prospective.

JPN 09-15-2009 11:47 PM

Thanks for your input.

Should you find any of my posts disagreeing to your procedures, please let me know and I would like to discuss & change contents if necessary.

When I post technical procedures that involve safety risks, I always write a note of caution to make sure people don't go to the wrong direction (the forum does have a disclaimer against loss, injury, death or damage). No one wants to get hurt by working on their cars.

Thanks again.

P.S: I'm still wondering if this part of the forum is for connecting/logging in/posting pics sort of "networking" issues or if we can post suggestions like this post. Anyone know?

JPN

frustrator-bolt 12-16-2009 09:33 AM

Gilber 33

Hey thanks for your support regarding my critical posts. This member (Gilber33) in my experience always has a contrary opinion to my posts / threads. Most recent was yesterday with regard to a thread regarding 850 turbo boost issues another member was having. I see he's a senior member but he does not know everything and often contradicts my suggestions to other members. I too am humble enough to realize I am not a "know it all" ! Thanks >JR;)

gilber33 12-16-2009 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by frustrator-bolt (Post 196930)
Hey thanks for your support regarding my critical posts. This member (Gilber33) in my experience always has a contrary opinion to my posts / threads. Most recent was yesterday with regard to a thread regarding 850 turbo boost issues another member was having. I see he's a senior member but he does not know everything and often contradicts my suggestions to other members. I too am humble enough to realize I am not a "know it all" ! Thanks >JR;)

HAHA! All I said is that you don't necessarily need to take the turbo out for that application. For the problem that I had, which is what I thought you were referring to, I said you would not need to take it out. When you said what happened with yours, I agreed and said, yeah you would need to remove the turbo.

And it had nothing to do with you. As a matter of fact, after I posted that I saw that it was you who I was replying to I was like "whoops, gonna hear about this one in his thread that he started all about me". And then you did, and then I lol'd.

I don't purposely try to contradict you, I just had different views on your opinion of rebuilding turbos, that's it. If everyone started a thread each time some one had a different opinion than them, we could have a whole sub-forum full of threads. Everyone has different viewpoints and opinions on how we should go about our cars, mods, repairs, products, etc, etc, and everyone is going to state their opinion, just because it's different than yours doesn't mean they're out to get you.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

frustrator-bolt 12-18-2009 12:09 PM

You really need to just let others add thier comments without criticizing or contradicting them. Its a pretty simple request. No need to get defensive just remember the old military saying "bout a nice cup of shut the....up"

gilber33 12-18-2009 12:44 PM

I never criticized you, I simply stated alternatives to what you said. And obviously people are going to contradict others, if you don't want anyone to contradict your posts, then don't post anything, because everyone will have a different opinion then you and if they do, they should say it so members can see different sides on topics.

For example: People ask what kind of exhausts they need, I think the majority of people on here need nothing more than a 3/2.5, while a others think a 3" mandrel is the way to go, we disagree on this topic all the time and we both know it. Neither of us go and start threads about how we have different opinions and they should keep them to themselves.

I'm not getting defensive, I believe you are the one who started a thread specifically on the topic of someone expressing an opposing viewpoint of yours. I just happen to find it completely ridiculous that you started this thread because we had different opinions on a topic.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: (I'm actually rolling my eyes in real life)