Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Forum Issues (https://volvoforums.com/forum/forum-issues-8/)
-   -   I'm Sorry, but this Site Really Sucks (https://volvoforums.com/forum/forum-issues-8/im-sorry-but-site-really-sucks-21588/)

JimKW 07-16-2008 01:42 PM

I'm Sorry, but this Site Really Sucks

I sit here taking my time writing responses to people and they can not be posted. I am just about to quit trying.

IT'S BEEN GOING ON WAY TOO LONG.

S60 R 07-16-2008 02:29 PM

RE: I'm Sorry, but this Site Really Sucks

It can't be that bad....you posted this:D

reg 07-16-2008 03:11 PM

Come on Jim, that's not a bother. What is a bother is when you take the time to post a response to a question and you never hear back from the poster. I take that as an affront.

r.

99VolvoV70 07-16-2008 04:26 PM

I was getting frustrated last week for that same reason - I kept copying the same response and trying to post it, but it just wouldn't go through. Even tried PM and it didn't work.

tech 07-16-2008 06:46 PM

I agree last night was terrible. But I will hang till it is fixed.

JRL 07-16-2008 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: S60 R

It can't be that bad....you posted this:D
Yeah it is.
Now I'm not able to post 50% of the time.
This is just plain stupid and embarrassing to the owners of this site.
Grow up, spens a few bucks,get someone who can fix this and FIX IT rightor just shut it down and be done with it

S70driver 07-16-2008 07:18 PM

Just deal with it guys.

I have tried talking to the ADMIN about this in other threads.

Our guys are working as hard as they can. Is basically what he or she says.

Which I don't believe, but hey whatever.

I'm not the one loosing members. They are.

johnpoach 08-13-2008 02:30 PM

Im not that knowlegable about my v70.Just love the car. im not here for admin, im here because you guys are so helpful, and very friendly. i will stay till you all go,you get my vote. poach.:)

bluemagicbus 08-14-2008 06:07 AM

I'll second that, johnpoach! I'm sure the issues will be sorted out in due course, and, as you said, the guys (and gals) here are helpful and very friendly. I'm staying too. :D

johnpoach 08-14-2008 07:06 AM

RE: I'

Cheers blue. Oh and while you are at it.... Fixing the site i mean, throw us in a chatroom so we can have a chat and a good bloomin laugh,,, Cos no one is laughing in here. Thankyou?;)

S70driver 08-16-2008 08:44 AM

Looks like it wont be updated. Or at least anytime soon.

johnpoach 08-18-2008 12:00 PM

great.[:@]

S70driver 08-18-2008 08:42 PM

Hey now that isn't official that is what my thoughts are.

S70driver 08-31-2008 11:42 AM

It seems as if the forum has changed somewhat. Not in apperance or anything like that. However what I am talking about is making longer posts and making posts in general.

It seems before it was hard to ever get a sentence out and now you can type paragraphs. So it looks like we are kind of on our way.

However I would still like to point out that the forum has yet to be changed over to the new software. Have they forgotten about us? Our ADMIN will say no, but IMO they have. Honestly how long does it truley take to transfer things over. Honestly yes it takes awhile, but not this long.

So I just was thinking that maybe our ADMIN would like to come in here and say a few words that may tell us what is the holdup. If we cannot get answers then I don't know.