Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Forum Issues (https://volvoforums.com/forum/forum-issues-8/)
-   -   Post problems (https://volvoforums.com/forum/forum-issues-8/post-problems-20836/)

Billy850 06-17-2008 05:06 PM

Post problems

I swear! This site literally sucks when it comes to the ability to post anything. I give up and am moving on over to Matthew's Volvo site. Hope to see many of you there. I have no idea why this is such an issue.

tech 06-17-2008 05:55 PM

RE: Post problems

It is still a problem from when it went down. They are still working on it. I am so pissed at it as well. Thats what I haven't posted much lately.

JimKW 06-18-2008 06:18 AM

It really sucks!! I can not believe it has gone on this long. OOps maybe this post is toooo long.

65mustang 06-18-2008 09:18 AM

Hasn't it been a few weeks now? We are going to start losing more members over a stupid issue. I'm here till the big boys leave. You guys are why I picked this forum in the first place.

johnpoach 06-18-2008 02:59 PM

I get problems posting, it happens, it happens on a lot of sites. If the goin gets tough run away, I dont think so? I believe in building, not demolishin, give it a chance. I am on a fishin site in uk that was young, now theres 1000s of members on there.we had problems, they were sorted. I was A MOD and enjoyed it. stick with it or it dissapears.Growwwwwwww? I havent heard 1 arguement on here, unless i havent read in the right places.tantrums you do get now and then, cough?:D:D chin up lads? John.

S70driver 06-19-2008 07:40 AM

Let them mess around with it, what it shows is they don't care. Obviously the people that own this forum own many other forums that are on possibly the same type of system. At least that is what I got from the ADMIN. They obviously don't care. I don't believe they can't figure out the problem, they know what it is but they are taking their sweet time.

twowheelin 06-20-2008 11:01 AM

There seems to be a new problem with apostophe duplication. Words like don't and they're have double apostrophes. (No, not quotes, 2 apostrophes)

How about "this is in quotes"

and

This doesn't have any quotes but 1 apostrophe

tech 06-21-2008 06:36 PM

They are trying to sort the problem out it is affecting about 10 to 15 sites at the same time.

Eric J 06-21-2008 07:17 PM

Alot of people from all walks have mentioned problems. At work the whole intranet system is on glue. The IT guy said itmost likely is beingcaused by hackers and malware. He told me even the Boy Scouts of America site is fouled(he's the ScoutMaster in his town.)
It does seem that things are getting better. Bear with it.

They shouldrip the fingernails offthe little twerps that bother so many for a few laughs. Yes, then hold their hands in gas, yaya, for 10 mins, No, all day, yaya, and then light them on fire, yaya, but only for a few seconds, yaya, No,for 45 seconds, yaya, till they look like boneless spare ribs, yaya, then use salt to smother them, yaya, sea salt, the real course kind, yaya, jamb their flaming raw mouse jockey hands right in, yayaya, then rinse them of with that sh*t that really stung when we were kids, yaya, then wrap them up to heal..........in burlap, yayayaya.
Heeheehee, then they may think twice next time the even try to pick their nose, the farkin' pinko pissant bast*rds.

Any comments additions or improvements?

Oh, did I mention, I just did the brakes on the S80 today and every thing went smooth as silk. I bet the above mentioned would like to have silk.

volvie! 06-21-2008 07:29 PM

Glad I'm not the only one.
(Well, perhaps, glad is the wrong word... It would be better if things worked smoothly!)
I sent an e-mail to one of the admins about my inability to post recently, but never heard anthing back, so I was getting a little concerned something was wrong on my side.
Let's see if this one goes through...

volvie! 06-21-2008 07:31 PM

Yay! It worked!
The double apostrophe thing has been bothering me too I've even tried editing posts to remove it, but it always reappears!
I hope everything gets resolved shortly!
Well, I'm off to see if I can finally post a new topic...

JRL 06-21-2008 09:35 PM

Just joined (actually to post a for sale) but I've had no posting issues save for the apostrophe problem but what
"big boys"?
I haven't read much of anything from REAL knowledgable Volvo owners here, just a lot of questions from relative newbies.......
The best modding info will be from Volvospeed (I personally don't go there because of the infighting) and Swedespeed.
Matthewsvolvosite is one of the best for DYI'ers, ithas a very good repair database. Theowners there seem tohave older, higher mileage cars and many do their own repairs

JimKW 06-22-2008 07:44 AM

On vovlospeed it seems like every post becomes a conversation and bickering among people who know each other and they alway get way off topic. And when I get a technical questions answered there I don't always trust the answer. Here you can really rely on the answers from most of us. If I'm just speculating and do not really know for sure I will always say that in my reply. If tech gives you an answer it's right on 99.999% of the time. Nobodyis right 100%, but tech is real close. I welcome some of the newer members also, cause several of them are giving real good answers also. This is a better place than all the others there is no doubt.

S70driver 06-22-2008 11:18 AM

I will agree though that Volvospeed is the better site for those who want to mod their 850/98-00 70 series models.

akorcovelos 07-15-2008 07:53 AM

I can't post 90% of the time...