Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Forum Issues (https://volvoforums.com/forum/forum-issues-8/)
-   -   Posting issues (https://volvoforums.com/forum/forum-issues-8/posting-issues-21624/)

2002XC70 07-18-2008 08:34 PM

Posting issues

I know you are working on new software, but what do we do in the meantime? Tried to post a reply all evening tonight to no avail. Very frustrating.
Dan

tech 07-18-2008 08:42 PM

RE: Posting issues

Sorry as well can do is wait it out. Seems 1 line answers always post.

JRL 07-19-2008 07:52 AM

How about a time frame to the top post announcement?

S70driver 07-19-2008 08:49 AM

People just hold out please. All of these threads are getting old and I am tired of people complaining about it.

Yes it is taking along time to fix. Why I don't know. And they wont give anyone a clear explanation other then working on new software.

So just stand by people please. Be paitent with everything.

It will work out in the end. Whenever that might be.

NeoDavinci 07-19-2008 10:16 AM

People would have taken that request a lot more seriously without the four apostrophes. :)

akorcovelos 07-21-2008 08:01 AM

Vbulliten is well worth the wait, I'm in for the long haul.

JimKW 07-26-2008 06:12 AM

I have lost four answers I put in this morning alone. Going back to vovlospeed. Good bye. This has been going on for about three months now.

S70driver 07-26-2008 09:55 AM

Jim be paitent. I know it is annoying and all. But read what ADMIN posted in the Mod forum.

99VolvoV70 07-26-2008 08:02 PM

Jim, I hope you don't leave - at least check back in a few weeks. Agreed though, very frustrating.

Patrick 08-01-2008 12:54 PM

Jim, if you want to leave, thats up to you.

Patrick 08-01-2008 12:55 PM

the problems that we are having are not something that can smoothed over, and as you will see once the upgrade is done, there is a major overhaul involved.

Patrick 08-01-2008 12:55 PM

posting as two posts because it wouldnt let it go as one..:eek:

S70driver 08-01-2008 01:46 PM

The question is, when will the upgrade be done.

This was suppose to happen over a week ago.

Dninty9 08-03-2008 10:16 PM

it is causing new members to leave and go other places

Dninty9 08-03-2008 10:17 PM

you write out a good long post and hit "ok" and nothing you go back everything is gone ...Its not good happens to me about 9 out of 10 times.

S70driver 08-04-2008 11:01 AM

I know I have been saying be paitent. Well I am also getting to the point of this is getting stupid.

mdirollo 08-08-2008 11:20 AM

Being a relatively new member, I cannot comment much on the past historical performance of this site (or lack thereof for that matter). However, I will say that when I joined, some months ago, I had not a single problem putting up a post or an answer to a post. Now, that is not the case.

I empathize with the frustrations of the apparent many others who have had their recent efforts frustrated when attempting to put up new posts or replies to existing ones. It looks to me that somewhere, somehow, the sytem became over taxed...perhaps due to increasing popularity.

Nonetheless, this is a frustrating situation that could and would be better tolerated if there was some REALISTIC representation of when it will be fixed. We all understand that "if" is not the question at this point....but, rather "when". And dealing with that unknown is what is truly the most frustrating part about this situation.

I'm sure there are many good people working hard behind the scenes. But, honestly, there should be some kind of time frame indicated here (all that have been indicated so far have been vague, unfortunately, or just plain inaccurate).

It's human nature to dislike waiting...but to do so he do wiithout a specific time-frame (and ond that is realistic...) makes the situation all the more intolerable.

JimKW 08-08-2008 01:08 PM

How the heck did you get that much to post?

JimKW 08-08-2008 01:10 PM

I just came over to see if the forum has been upgraded yet and it has not so I'm out of here again.

mdirollo 08-08-2008 02:21 PM

That was the same question I asked myself...
Sadly, in light of recent difficulties with posting on the site, the acceptance of that post of mine was an anomaly - and one that shocked me as well. But, I remain optimistic. I believe that sooner or later, sometimes in spite of ourselves, things eventually improve.