Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Forum Issues (https://volvoforums.com/forum/forum-issues-8/)
-   -   revised thread title: forum technical challenges (https://volvoforums.com/forum/forum-issues-8/revised-thread-title-forum-technical-challenges-22084/)

jtl180 08-10-2008 10:28 PM

revised thread title: forum technical challenges

beyond the myriad of challenges making a post to begin with, I put a question out on the forums 3 weeks ago and have not had a single response.
-frustrated xc90 owner

S70driver 08-11-2008 06:13 AM

RE: is this the worst forum ever?

Please calm down. We have forum issues right now. Also a response is not instant and you may never get one. Why? Maybe no one sees it and maybe no one has an answer for you.

jks2 08-11-2008 07:39 PM

The admin is trying to get the problems fixed. Generally if anyone has an answer to your question they will post. It may be that no one has had the exact problem you are experiencing. Also, did you post it in the XC 90 forum?

gordon368 08-12-2008 12:51 AM

lol this is my first post in like monthsssss

bluemagicbus 08-12-2008 09:36 AM

First off, before slamming the forum and its membership after only 5 posts, three of which were answers to yourownself, if you’d have looked around the forum a bit including this thread, you’d have learned that this forum (and ALL the automotive universe forums that use this format) are having problems. A conversion / migration process is in place to fix this.

Second, the XC90 being a newer vehicle (in relative terms) the membership that has a solution for your problem (though I’m not sure we have a solution for ‘your’ problem), will be less than say for the 850’s. Tech has a family and a full time job and still does a great job getting to this forum to help where he can. JPN has been busy since the NW / Delta merger, and the other techie guys may simply not have had an answer for you.

Third, if you’re gonna go on a rant, get your math right. Your first post was on July 29. Today is only the two week mark, so your post was barely over 1.5 weeks old before you started ripping into the forum membership that no one has responded in 3 weeks.

Finally, I’m very curious to learn why, after only 5 posts, and with no meaningful contributions, you feel qualified to raise the question of whether this is the worst forum ever.

Contrary to your subject line, this is in fact quite a good forum!

billofdurham 08-12-2008 04:47 PM

Well said, bluemagicbus.

Some people do not seem to realise that a forum of this nature is not necessarily run by fully qualified mechanics/technicians. Most of us try to answer queries from personal experience or tipswe have picked up over the years. Some, like Tech, do have more experience and are very willing to share their expertise.

If we all wereto answerevery query with "Sorry I don't know" the forum would grind to a haltmore quickly than it is doing waiting for the upgrade.

If the query had been answered wouldjtl180 havebeen as quick with a "Thank you" as he was with his rant?

jtl180 08-12-2008 04:48 PM

seems like i hit a nerve with bluemagicbus...
while i did not mean to offend anyone, i was wanting to see if i could actually generate a response of any kind
if he hadread my post with correct grammatical interpretation, it would have been obvious that i was asking a question not making a definitive statement.

i made5 attempts at replying to an existing post from a poster who was having the same issue as me and they were allrejected.
i then tried to make my own post and it would not go thru either....

i even tried to pm a moderator to see if there was a better way to use this forum. again... no response.

as for my qualifications, i never claimed to be adding value to this forum on my first post, i came here looking for help.
so i am not sure why he feels compelled to make personal attacks. the other moderators did not resort to such behavior.
i am a regular poster on multiple jeep 4x4 sites and so i do spend a bit of time in automotive forums.

had i been able to post my original concern, it was that i needed to find some answers soon because the volvo dealer was renegging on their pledge to fix the issue. not to mention, they did not seem to know what was wrong with my xc90.

i appreciate the replies, i was just hoping someone had a similar experience and had a known solution

bluemagicbus 08-13-2008 05:34 AM

G'day Billofdurham,

thanks mate. ;)