Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Forum Issues (https://volvoforums.com/forum/forum-issues-8/)
-   -   Where did the 850 Forum go? (https://volvoforums.com/forum/forum-issues-8/where-did-850-forum-go-27906/)

Ozark Lee 02-25-2009 01:16 AM

Where did the 850 Forum go?

Late today the 850 Forum, at least on my computer, went on a diet and shrunk itself to 10 threads. Where did the rest of it go?

...Lee

JPN 02-25-2009 04:30 AM

The network engineer must have pressed the wrong button and said "Oops! Didn't mean to do that".

.....:).

I hope the database was not accidentally deleted. I can only assume they are temporarily gone for maintenance issues.

JPN

JPN 02-25-2009 04:36 AM

Fixed? Pls check again

Hi Lee,

I think I fixed it. I believe one of us had accidentally "folded" the threads. I restored it by tweaking the setting. Can you verify it on your PC?

EDIT: No, once I leave the forum it folds back to 10 threads. Do you have "Display Control" function on your screen? Go to the bottom of the forum and see if you have it. Change the settings to "Last Post-Descending-Beginning", this restores the forum back to the original.

Let us know if it works. The forum should be returned to default, but I don't know if moderators can change it or if it is only the admins that can change it.

JPN

S70driver 02-25-2009 06:48 AM

I see it and it looks fine to me.

Ozark Lee 02-26-2009 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by JPN (Post 145856)
Hi Lee,

I think I fixed it. I believe one of us had accidentally "folded" the threads. I restored it by tweaking the setting. Can you verify it on your PC?

EDIT: No, once I leave the forum it folds back to 10 threads. Do you have "Display Control" function on your screen? Go to the bottom of the forum and see if you have it. Change the settings to "Last Post-Descending-Beginning", this restores the forum back to the original.

Let us know if it works. The forum should be returned to default, but I don't know if moderators can change it or if it is only the admins that can change it.

JPN

That fixed it.

...Lee

JPN 02-27-2009 07:19 AM

Noted, glad to know.

JPN

JimKW 03-04-2009 05:27 PM

I am totally frustrated witht he 850 forum. Every time I got to it, it resorts to ascending sequence by thread title. Who wants to look at thing by alphabetical order by thread title? Every time I open it I have to go to the bottom and reset it to last post date descending. Why will it not remember my setting? The other forum are not doing this.

jks2 03-05-2009 08:53 AM

Guy's, I've figured out the way to show all the threads.

1) Go to Control Panel
2) Click on Edit Options
3) Scroll down to Thread Display Options
4) At Default Thread Option Cutoff
5) Click Show All

Save and exit.

Haven't figured out the other one yet but I'm working on it.

JPN 03-08-2009 05:31 AM

Hi jks2,

I've followed your instructions, but I am still having the same nuisance that Jim is experiencing. The threads are in ascending order and the 850 forum is in chaos at the moment in terms of thread order.

JPN

TIPSP 03-14-2009 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Admin fixed the accending order problem.

Here: