Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Forum Issues (https://volvoforums.com/forum/forum-issues-8/)
-   -   Why is this forum undercrowded? (https://volvoforums.com/forum/forum-issues-8/why-forum-undercrowded-2954/)

fire2havoc 10-04-2005 09:27 PM

Why is this forum undercrowded?

It seems to me that this forum is not very active. Besides tech whose expertise is invaluable to all, there aren't many active users. Compared to other forums this forum is just stagnant. On any given day, there are maybe 10 posts. Some days, even less. We need to advertise and make this forum more active!

10-07-2005 11:58 PM

RE: Why is this forum undercrowded?

This site receives plenty of traffic and has plenty of members, it just seems everyone here is tech focused. The site is advertised plenty... what do you recommend?

~Amanda

fire2havoc 10-08-2005 12:22 AM

All I'm saying is that if you visit SwedeSpeed or VolvoSpeed, you will notice a significant difference between their forum and this one. Their users have averages of hundreds of posts and postings occur in the seconds.

reg 10-08-2005 02:35 PM

A third Volvo site is: Matthews Volvo Site. It is a professionaly scripted site but it does not have any where the responses from members as this site has! Tech is the reason that so many owners use this site.............most users have no interest in actually working on their autos but rather look to Tech for some insight as to their problem. At that point they can determine if the 'repair' is something that they want to tackle. Now, I am in several BMW sites and the owners are fanatics about their BMWs and want to get their hands dirty performing work. A Volvo is essentially a daily driver..................you do not see them on the street as often as a BMW nor do you see them on the track as you do a BMW. So you can see that we are speaking about two different types of automobile owners. The two sites that you referenced are more tuned to the 'hands on' owner and there is nothing wrong with that. So, keep this site in your favourites and if you find a question that you can respond to..............for goodness sake, give us your input as we will appreciate it immensely.
R.

fire2havoc 10-09-2005 01:56 AM

Understood. This forum does what it needs to do. All I'm saying is that someone should help Tech out, rather than having to rely on one person for all of the help.

reg 10-09-2005 03:51 AM

Fire2............look at the number of posts that the top 10 posters have contributed to this site.............truly we all attempt to contribute our respective knowlege............Tech is a certified Volvo mechanic and we ALL appreciate his hands on knowlege of the Volvo automobile.................the rest of us.............for the most part.................contribute as to the items that we have actual experience on. So, please don't give up as I'll bet you can/will give us the benefit of your experience and we look forward to receiving it.
R.

fire2havoc 10-09-2005 02:01 PM

Thank you very much. I'll always try to make this forum the best it can be and will always contribute my knowledge.

tech 10-09-2005 02:29 PM

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT CONTRIBUTES!!!!!!!!!!!![sm=happybounce.gif]

fire2havoc 10-09-2005 03:40 PM

Yes indeed! But most importantly, you Tech. Without your wisdom and daily support, this forum would not be the same. I am merely suggesting that we attract more people with questions that require help and have a more active forum so that we can all spread our knowledge to more of the Volvo family members.

ZIGZAG 10-11-2005 12:36 PM

I kind of agree with F2H, I started using this site just because of Tech, without his help at the beginning of my Volvo ownership experience i would have been lost.

I really like this forum as it seems to attrached a more mature group of users. I dont really have any ideas on how to make it more popular. I have started to realize that Volvo owners tend to be a bit lazier than say BMW owners.

I hope that we can improve the site a bit, I try to help out as much as I can.

JimKW 10-11-2005 03:25 PM

I agree with F2H also. I can not believe I am the 2nd highest poster and I don't post all that much. There was a time when Tech was not able to log on and I thought this thing was going to die. I do help when I can, but Tech is the reason I am here. He knows more than the people on the other boards that I visit occasionally. I don't come here as often as I used to because football season has started and I spend more time on various Steeler message boards. GO STEELERS!!!!!

fire2havoc 10-11-2005 11:22 PM

We should do everything within our power, as users and contributors, to make this forum a better place.

tech 10-12-2005 12:35 AM

AGREED

fire2havoc 10-12-2005 01:40 AM

Thanks for the confirmation and support, tech.

S60 R 10-16-2005 02:44 AM

As someone else said, I think generally, Volvo owners dont work on their cars. Not to the extent that BMW/ Audi owners might. And how often do u see modified Volvos compared to the others.

Personally, on another forum, I pretty much only check the R forum. On another forum, its mostly poeple who work on their own cars. They have alot more members though. But then I dont really check posts for older cars on any forum. Actually, I dont really know if this info helps or not, just thought Id share

It is nice that u dont get flamed here if u ask what might seem like a dumb question, like u do on some other forums (at leats that Ive seen)

I dont really have any ides how to get people to post more, or to get more members. I just recently joined when I found this forum

fire2havoc 10-16-2005 02:46 AM

It is nice that u dont get flamed here if u ask what might seem like a dumb question, like u do on some other forums (at leats that Ive seen)
Very true. That's exactly what sepates this forum from the rest.

Patrick 10-17-2005 02:12 PM

this forum is intended to be informative, and thanks to volvo super genius, tech, it is very much so. But as we grow, which we do at a healthy rate, we will have more members, both technical minds like tech's, and people who are general volvo enthusiaists who just like to chat about everything!

fire2havoc 10-17-2005 10:14 PM

Patrick, hopefull you're right and that's the case. I just hope that it happens soon as well.

reg 10-18-2005 07:23 PM

S60R made a very interesting comment re: getting "flamed" on other sites. I have owned a particular brand of automobile since 1960 and have always had one all these years. Result? I believe I have a darn good knowlege of them and their idiosyncrasies. It was interesting that I was "removed" from on of the forums when I disagreed with an administrator over a modification to the braking system....................unbelievable! The purpose of a forum is for members to share their experiences with other mavens. Whether we adopt the 'other's' ideas or not is irrelevant................it is simply an opinion. Nice to see S60R that so far, I have not seen that here.
R.

fire2havoc 10-18-2005 08:24 PM

Reg,
Very, very good point. I got 'flamed' on one of the forums just the other day. Also for disagreeing with a 'moderator.' He was not at all moderate. Good thing we have Tech as our moderator.