General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Best tires for 2018 XC60 T6 Inscription

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2022, 07:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Best tires for 2018 XC60 T6 Inscription

Hey all. I’m a new-ish Volvo owner, and I’m shopping for tires for my ‘18 XC60. 20” tires are not cheap, and there are soooooo many choices. I do mostly highway driving, with a small portion of my travel around town. Looking for the best, high mileage, all-season tires. I live in New England. My Tank handled great in the snow with the tires I have, but I’m looking for best value all around.
sorry I’m so chatty -just sorta overwhelmed at the choices.

Old 04-08-2022, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator
Received 493 Likes on 474 Posts

Greetings to a fellow New Englander. My first comment is run snows in the winter. AWD helps the car go, winter tires help you stop and turn so you don't crash into things. I run snows even though I work from home and have the luxury of getting to avoid the worst of the weather. As to "best" all season - I'd start with a web site like tirerack.com to read reviews and comments. I've run Yokohamas on our Highlander with good vibes, I've run Generals (a Bridgestone brand) hated them on my VW CC but they were ok on the Highlander. Conti's are a mixed bag - their OEM tires suck, their premium models are better. Michelin and Pirelli are worth considering now that their pricing is consistent with the rest of the market.

Old 04-09-2022, 09:23 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You know, in all my (many!) years in NE, I’ve NEVER run snows. I guess driving so much, I’ve learned how to manage my vehicles, cars, trucks and suvs, and I simply stay off the roads when it’s icy. I even lived in the mountains of Vermont for many years.. always all season tires.
Now, I know I was told the tires my car came with were filled with form or some crazy thing. I’m glad they don’t make them anymore (I was told) as I’ve had my tires rebalanced a few times in just over a year. Our roads suck.
Thanks for the tip. I’ll check out tire rack and hopefully be able to come up with a plan sooner than later. QUOTE=mt6127;510300]Greetings to a fellow New Englander. My first comment is run snows in the winter. AWD helps the car go, winter tires help you stop and turn so you don't crash into things. I run snows even though I work from home and have the luxury of getting to avoid the worst of the weather. As to "best" all season - I'd start with a web site like tirerack.com to read reviews and comments. I've run Yokohamas on our Highlander with good vibes, I've run Generals (a Bridgestone brand) hated them on my VW CC but they were ok on the Highlander. Conti's are a mixed bag - their OEM tires suck, their premium models are better. Michelin and Pirelli are worth considering now that their pricing is consistent with the rest of the market.[/QUOTE]