General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

China Version of Volvo VIDA/DiCE

Old 12-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink China Version of Volvo VIDA/DiCE

I've noticed that a new version of the VIDA/DiCE Diagnostic Software/Factory Manual & Link Tool/Cable is now available from China based distributors. There are many listing on multiple websites as well as eBay for what appears to be the same hardware and discs - the detailed descriptions are all identical between the various sites.
Has anyone purchased one of these packages? I am interested in finding out what folks' experience has been with purchasing and using this system and what kind of success/problems you have encountered. I am also wondering if there seems to be any one vendor/website that is best to buy it from.
This all is good information for DIY Volvo owners as it is outragiously expensive to take the car to the dealer to have them use their scan equipment. I recently triggered a fault code by disconnecting the HVAC control panel in my 2002 V70 XC while the ignition switch was on. I couldn't clear the fault with a generic OBD2 scanner so I was forced to take it to the dealer and pay $125.00 to have them clear the code.
Hopefully this thread will get a lot of hits.
Thanks in advance to those offering their experience.

The following users liked this post:
VITOKO (08-01-2021)
Old 12-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've heard nothing bad about the knockoff equipment. Go to swedespeed.com, use advanced search for "VIDA DICE".......You will get SEVERAL hits.

The following users liked this post:
VITOKO (08-01-2021)
Old 12-22-2011, 08:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

Thanks for your comment. I searched as you recommended and read through a number of threads pertaining to VIDA DiCE. Yikes! It looks like there were numerous problems people found in installing the software, getting the software to recognize the DiCe unit and then communicating with the car. I'm not sure that I want to part with $200 to experience hours of frustration culminating in defeat. I assume that there are many more experiences where people have been successful considering on how many units have been sold?
Do you have personal experience? I wonder if there is a site that has some comprehensive experience/advice? Thanks to anyone who responds!

Old 12-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

I too surmise there are plenty of people who have successful experiences. My personal experience is limited to the software, which I purchased on eBay for $30 or $40. It was a high quality bootleg for which you must go online and download a "crack" so it will be fooled into thinking it is online. It was really not too difficult and has an absolute wealth of information for newer Volvos (2000+). I personally own no fwd or awd Volvos but it comes in handy often here at the shop for information. Still, the newest Volvos HAVE to have the DICE to correct issues...we do not service those vehicles. It's really sad; we made our reputation servicing Volvos 30 years ago and now we have to send them and Audi's straight to the dealers.
I might add for those with older rwd Volvos that Volvo has recently released a Master Volvo DVD set, one for 240's and the other for 740's. The price is quite high so a group of us went in on a set with the intention of burning copies. The scan quality was so horrible as to make expanding and printing almost impossible. We sent them back to Volvo!!

Old 12-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

I too surmise there are plenty of people who have successful experiences. My personal experience is limited to the software, which I purchased on eBay for $30 or $40. It was a high quality bootleg for which you must go online and download a "crack" so it will be fooled into thinking it is online. It was really not too difficult and has an absolute wealth of information for newer Volvos (2000+). I personally own no fwd or awd Volvos but it comes in handy often here at the shop for information. Still, the newest Volvos HAVE to have the DICE to correct issues...we do not service those vehicles. It's really sad; we made our reputation servicing Volvos 30 years ago and now we have to send them and Audi's straight to the dealers.
I might add for those with older rwd Volvos that Volvo has recently released a Master Volvo DVD set, one for 240's and the other for 740's. The price is quite high so a group of us went in on a set with the intention of burning copies. The scan quality was so horrible as to make expanding and printing almost impossible. We sent them back to Volvo!!

Old 07-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The true high end bootleg vida has the crack already on the disk it is a patch exe you need winra or a similar program to open it and install....also the newer chinese software does not have the vidacert folder in the tools folder under 3pp which makes the install a whole lot easier, I have it on my 2010 software but just bought the2012a software and that doesn't have it...so I recloned the new disk nd incorporated that folder into it. amm my pc have vida in them for convenience to me, including my hp laptop which I use with dice on the cars themselves. it is a great program. JUST TAKES TIME AND PATIENCE TO LEARN IT. I never even worked on a Volvo or owned one until 2009, tht's when I bought my first one....now I have a 1995 850, 1998 v70 awd, 1999 v70 xc awd and a 2000 v70 awd. all up and running fine.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Cool

My question is can you download software to the car using the China version of the DICE? That's what I'm really wanting to do.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Default Software upgrades?

Hello everybody I am a first time user having just got my v70 t5 2001 1 month ago and have the same harsh down shift and the phantom neutral in 3rd gear and I have already done the b4 servo cover swap and now need to know if the VIDA system will have the tranny update for the software that is also recommended to go with the b4 servo swap? The car is also supposed to have a "unitronics chip " installed, this car hauls that is for sure but is there any way to actually check he was not just a sticker mechanic?

Old 01-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Question vida installation

I have installed Vida like indicate and when I click "Vida all-in-one", Internet Explorer 8 open and an error message appear : page not found for the address: http://localhost/Vida . Someone can help me? Where is the mistake? I am on XP pro sp3 with Vida 2011A

Old 12-02-2013, 12:49 AM

Volvo Dice PRO+ is the newest Volvo car scanner which is used together with VIDA all-in-one to communicate with the vehicle.
Communication makes diagnosing and troubleshooting the vehicle possible, as well as downloading software.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by georgedsmith
I've noticed that a new version of the VIDA/DiCE Diagnostic Software/Factory Manual & Link Tool/Cable is now available from China based distributors. There are many listing on multiple websites as well as eBay for what appears to be the same hardware and discs - the detailed descriptions are all identical between the various sites.
Has anyone purchased one of these packages? I am interested in finding out what folks' experience has been with purchasing and using this system and what kind of success/problems you have encountered. I am also wondering if there seems to be any one vendor/website that is best to buy it from.
This all is good information for DIY Volvo owners as it is outragiously expensive to take the car to the dealer to have them use their scan equipment. I recently triggered a fault code by disconnecting the HVAC control panel in my 2002 V70 XC while the ignition switch was on. I couldn't clear the fault with a generic OBD2 scanner so I was forced to take it to the dealer and pay $125.00 to have them clear the code.
Hopefully this thread will get a lot of hits.
Thanks in advance to those offering their experience.
I have one of these VIDA 2014D and DiCE this the dice that I'm experiencing problems with.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:29 AM

Volvo's brochure for new vehicles claims they scan for free. Does that not apply to older Volvos?

Old 05-10-2017, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

If you have a warning light on, up to one hour of diagnostics is free, even for older cars.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by jaccar
I have installed Vida like indicate and when I click "Vida all-in-one", Internet Explorer 8 open and an error message appear : page not found for the address: http://localhost/Vida . Someone can help me? Where is the mistake? I am on XP pro sp3 with Vida 2011A
open windows explorer and right click on the icon for the VIDA All in One.
Select Properties
The put quotes around the address link for going online:
"http://localhost/Vida"
Save the change
That should fix the issue for you
Good luck

Old 07-10-2021, 04:31 AM
Default XC90 radio satellite navigation and rear seat entertainment not powering up

Hi I have a 2004 XC90 D5 executive. The radio and everything that works through the radio system will not power up. I have checked all the fuses and none are blown. Anyone have any ideas. Cheers Dean