Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   General Volvo Chat (https://volvoforums.com/forum/general-volvo-chat-5/)
-   -   Left my V50 in June but may be coming back (https://volvoforums.com/forum/general-volvo-chat-5/left-my-v50-june-but-may-coming-back-99222/)

urdrwho 02-24-2019 02:10 PM

Left my V50 in June but may be coming back

Last June I sold my 2007 V50 T5 AWD. The car was in perfect shape....what was I thinking.

Anyhow I bought a 2015 Subaru Outback Limited. A nice car but I didn't know how much I would dislike a CVT transmission. Ugh!

Tomorrow I'm going to be looking at a 2016 V60 T5 AWD with 32,312 miles on the odometer.

A couple questions about the car:

My V50 premium gas was suggested but it ran fine on regular. How about the V60 - regular?

My V50 had a recall / TSB for the PCV system. Any for the V60? BTW that PCV system was a negative for me.

One thing I liked is that the Subbie has a timing chain. I think the V60 has a belt and from some reading the belt is to be changed at less than what was recommended for the V50. True and at what mileage?

MPG? Can't remember what I was getting on the V50 but I think I was happy. I've found that the Subbie isn't getting city MPG as posted. Apparently the CVT loses effeciency when it is cold. My 5 mile round trip to the gym on cold early mornings produce an 18.5 MPG. How is the V60 on MPG.

Anything particular to the V60 and year that I should watch out for?

It is a certified car.

Pretorien 02-24-2019 04:30 PM

I have driven my 2015.5 V60 T5 FWD for about a year now. The car is very comfortable and agile albeit at the sacrifice of some load capacity. I really think it is as much an extended 5 door hatchback as a SW.

Two gripes:

No crankcase dipstick - mickey mouse electronic oil level read-out

No spare tire - $#@%%&^ can of sealer and a pump! I'm in the process of revamping the rear compartment to accommodate a typical temporary spare tire.

urdrwho 02-25-2019 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pretorien (Post 470897)
I have driven my 2015.5 V60 T5 FWD for about a year now. The car is very comfortable and agile albeit at the sacrifice of some load capacity. I really think it is as much an extended 5 door hatchback as a SW.

Two gripes:

No crankcase dipstick - mickey mouse electronic oil level read-out

No spare tire - $#@%%&^ can of sealer and a pump! I'm in the process of revamping the rear compartment to accommodate a typical temporary spare tire.

Drove the car today and I liked it...hm never drove a Volvo I didn't like. Cold out today and I didn't check the spare tire but asked the sales guy. He said there is a spare tire. Hm??? I'll check next drive. I think he said there is no trans dipstick but there is still an oil dipstick. Hm? I'll check next time.

If I saw this car last June when we were shopping I would buy it. But to do it now, I'll take about a $9,000 hit on trading the Subbie. I could sell it outright but how long would that take? We buy our cars, no financing so no worries about monthly payments.

A: Do I dislike the subbie enough to take a $9000 hit
B: Do I like the Volvo enough to take a $9000 hit

The car has 32,312 miles on it and $25,500 is the best deal they'll give.

A quick glance at what the V60 is missing

It doesn't have the room in the rear that the Outback has.
I took my electric cooler along to test it and it fits but not as much room.
I do lose the roof rack and cross bars that the subbie has and I have used.
It doesn't have the rear 12 volt for the cooler.