General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

This may be my last Volvo

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 02:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This may be my last Volvo

This is my 4th Volvo but I am not impressed. My one Volvo, the S60 had 225,000 miles on it when I sold it and it was in 99% perfect condition.

The V50 was sold with about 112,000 mile on it and also in almost perfect condition.

The P544 - well that was another story but a fun car.

My current 2016 V60 was a CPO purchased in 2019 with 20,025 miles on it.
In the time of ownership, so far the the maintenance file is as fat as my other Volvo's files were but hose were owned a lot of years.

Interior is not holding up like the other cars and I have about 35,000 miles on it

1. The steering wheel is peeling off in a few locations
2. The clear plastic on shift **** is cracking
3. The drivers window switch is not illuminating at night
4. The drivers window starts to sag / lower (a tiny bit)
5. The drivers door doesn't latch as smoothly as the other doors. Sometimes I have to take 2 times to close (second one slam). Dealer says it is perfect.

On another post I already mentioned the coolant issue.

Other issue could be a big one and that is coolant. It is using a small amount of coolant. Since it is a closed system evaporation should not be in play. A few weeks ago I swear I saw whitish exhaust smoke during the first morning start. Why do I feel a kind of engine jittery / miss at times when I accelerate. Engine, transmission or what?

Yes this was a low mileage CPO car when I bought it and if I would have had to pay out of pocket, the items that were needed would have added up to a few thousand dollars (about $2700 . $3,000).

I asked the dealer service manager about the coolant and he said, yes these cars do use a little coolant.

Apparently they don't make them like they used to?

This may be my last Volvo.

Very soon after purchasing the car, there was a lot of misinformation on the original CPO and a lot of doubt about the CPO inspection. Volvo USA helped out a lot.

So here's the estimate from the dealer - keep in mind this car only has 37,000 miles on it and the steering wheel peeling started a year ago.

Steering wheel peeling - $783.00
Shift **** cracks - $300
Drivers side window switch not illuminating - $278

Add this on to the $3000 of other fixes since April 1019 and this car has been a piece of crap.