General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Need advice on buying Volvo

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 04:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on buying Volvo

Hi bros! Please help me with the choice of used https://incacar.com/used/cars/volvo/...entum-1455865/ . I want something like this 2017 Volvo XC90 What do you think about that?
Thx for answers bros.

Old 05-25-2020, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator
Received 493 Likes on 474 Posts

not sure what kind of help you are looking for. You seem to have already decided on model so the next step is to figure out what the market price is and the nuances between years. Trim packages are a bit harder to sort our with a local search, so the next question is are you ok with shopping in a a large geographic area? (say would you travel 200 miles to check out a car? 500 miles?). Last step is to figure out if the car is a good value.

What I did when I bought my last car, I decided to go used but CPO looking for something with 25K miles or less. You will pay a premium for CPO but most cars are off lease and have had full factory service to that point. A Carfax report on a model will tell you all those details. Next is to use online apps like Autotrader etc. This lets to see a range of dealer and private sale cars (search nationally is the way to get a sense of what the resale market pricing is and how hard a a given model / trim /color is to find. Do some research on Volvo's warranties as well. they have some really good programs, which is good to have for a car that you'll likely keep for many years.

Get the carfax, go see the car in person. CPOs all have been certified/inspected so there's no worries about quality but you do want to look at and drive the model. If you haven't done a test drive at a local dealer, that's a good start. You may find the car may or may not fit your size, driving style etc. If you have another driver (ie spouse etc), bring them along and have them ride/drive, particularly if you have a height difference (I'm 8" taller than my wife - she loves her Highlander but I just can't get comfortable in it... )

happy shopping. Make it a fun experience. If you do some drive trips to check out a car you saw online, just call ahead and arrange an appointment and let them know you're coming in from out of town. The sales rep will know if you walk off the lot you're not coming back so you can use that to your advantage. Also know that in many dealerships, reps get more $ from a used car than new...