Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   General Volvo Chat (https://volvoforums.com/forum/general-volvo-chat-5/)
-   -   Typically Asked Questions (FAQ) (https://volvoforums.com/forum/general-volvo-chat-5/typically-asked-questions-faq-12475/)

S70driver 07-07-2007 02:39 PM

Typically Asked Questions (FAQ)

1 Attachment(s)
Below are some typically asked questions on Volvo based forums.

Where can I buy sway bars?

Answer: IPD USA, EVOLVE (for newer s40 models)

2. Where can I buy lowering springs?

Answer: IPD USA, EST, VIVA PERFORMANCE, SHOX.COM

3. Where can I buy an aftermarket grille?

Answer: IPD USA, EST, DTMwerks, PartsForVolvosOnline, Ebay

4. Where can I buy a 16T, 18T, 19T turbo?

Answer: VIVA PERFORMANCE, Dealership

5. What ECU companies are out there for Volvo?

Answer: IPD USA, RICA, BSR, Upsolute, SpeedTuning USA, Inmotion

6. What bodykits are available for Volvo's?

Answer: The Volvo R front bumper (850 and 70 series), HEICO front spoiler exstentions for the 98-00 70 series models, Erebuni full body kit for the 850 models (If you can find it.), VST spoiler and front lip, EVOLVE for 60 series Volvo's, VST for 60 series Volvo's, Volvo's 60 series sport package.

7. Will a K&N panel filter hurt my MAF?

Answer: No it will not. The oil is what could hurt your MAF. So when your cleaning the K&N panel filter remember not to over oil it.

8. When buying a A/F ratio gauge should I buy a Narrowband or a Wideband gauge?

Answer: If you just want a light show go for the Narrowband 02 gauge. If you want accurate readings and something that is worthwhile then get the Wideband 02 gauge.

9. What BOV should I buy?

Answer: Do not buy TurboXS bov's. They are prone to leaking. I highly suggest an HKS SSQV and or a TIAL. These two are great BOV's. Also do not buy the EBAY knockoffs. You will regret it later down the road. Buy real or not at all.

10. Where can I buy gauge pods for my Volvo?

Answer: Guagepods.com and IPD USA. Gaugepods.com though is cheaper then IPD and they are they same product. Also Rodpods will custom mold a IPD USA or Gaugepods.com single or triple gauge pod into your A-pillar for a very custom very OEM looking pod system.

11. What gauges should I buy?

Answer: It depends on what your planning. If you are turboed at least buy a boost gauge. One that reads 25 In Hg and 25PSI. Some other gauges to think about are Oil Pressure, EGT, Volt, Water Temp, Trans Temp. Of course if your planning on using Nitrous a Nitrous gauge is well worth it. If your heavily modding your car think about a A/F ratio gauge and the answer to that is in number 8 above.

12. Where can I buy downpipes and or catback systems for my car?

Answer: IPD USA, EST (EuroSportTuning), Viva Performance, CJ on Volvospeed (Downpipes)

13. How man yellow 850 T5-R's were imported to the U.S.

Answer:
Attachment 24476
(VS = U.S.A.)

14. Are there intake kits out there and where can I buy them?

Answer: Yes there are some intake kits on the market for us. EuroSportTuning (EST) sells an intake for Volvo's. BMC CDA makes a kit for some of the Volvo's as well and Viva Performance sells this kit as does a few other places on the web. I also believe some people have tried the PiperCross kit that is out there.

15. I need my radio code. How do I get it? Where do I get it?

Answer: You must go to and or contact your local Volvo dealership. They will provide the code for you. This is the only way.

16. What aftermarket lighting is available for my 850 or 98-00 70 series Volvo.

Answer: For the 850 you have two options. First is buying E-code headlight and turn signal lenses. Second is to buy the Chrome or Black Jewel headlight kit and turn signals.

For the 70 series you have three options. First is again the E-code headlight and turn signals. Second is the ABM Chome or Black Projectors and third is the c70 Jewel headlights from the Volvo dealership.

17. What is my Volvo bolt pattern?

Answer: Most Volvo's are 5x108mm (Ex: 850's and 70 series)

18. Will an electric supercharger work on my Volvo.

Answer: No, they are a scam and don't buy into them. They do not work.

19. What are the generic ODB-II Codes? Here is a website that has many of them listed:

http://au.geocities.com/ozbrick850/obd2codes.html#obd-2

I will add more when I think of them. If you have some typically asked questions. Please feel free to PM them to me. With the question then the answer.

Thank you

kurtdaniel 12-04-2009 08:42 PM

lolz..i was about the ask where i can find a volve sway bar..good thing i found this thread..i also found one on autopartswarehouse,,where I bought my new muffler..

Volvos40kid 09-15-2010 11:54 AM

Wow!!!!! thank you sir it is really helpful!!!!!!!! But i have just one question, do u know if there is a body kit out there for the 2000 volvo s40, or can i just use the 2001 model body kits? other than that this pretty much sums up evrything i would like to do, thank you for the links and evrything you are a great help!!!!

facedance 10-08-2010 02:37 AM

Volvo is a genuine taste of the car, there Leikesasi!

Falasi4 10-17-2010 12:58 PM

broken link

The link above for Volvo OBD2 codes seems to be broken now.

Any updates for that?

nnhammiond64 02-15-2011 08:44 PM

Data entry

Any updates for that?

Data entry

rspi 08-01-2011 03:18 AM

How to find a Dyno service...

https://volvoforums.com/forum/genera...locator-24346/

RGV10 08-27-2011 12:39 PM

This was real informative. Here's a link that tells you what the vin means for some older Volvos and other cars Volvo Automobile VIN Equipment Codes

YasmineCave 12-28-2012 02:10 AM

Volvo is a genuine taste of the car, there Leikesasi!

89smithmarcus 10-21-2013 03:45 AM

Manufacture trucks, buses, construction equipment, marine and industrial power systems, and aerospace systems
AB Volvo is a Swedish multinational manufacturing company headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden

2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

geoffj 04-17-2014 04:48 PM

volvo s62 2002 rattle

i have a nuisance rattle on n/s rear of my 2002 s60. had it on a ramp cannot find anything loose---any ideas?