Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   General Volvo Chat (https://volvoforums.com/forum/general-volvo-chat-5/)
-   -   Volvo-on-Call app maintenance status (https://volvoforums.com/forum/general-volvo-chat-5/volvo-call-app-maintenance-status-96296/)

amck237 04-30-2018 11:47 AM

Volvo-on-Call app maintenance status

The Volvo-on-Call app for my XC40 correctly shows the maintenance status of the brake fluid, light bulbs, service and washer fluid but not the tire pressure. In the car itself, the screen showing tire pressure shows each wheel as "green" meaning the tires are properly inflated. Any idea why all the other information is being communicated to the app, but not the tire pressure?

Bo3b 05-18-2018 05:15 AM

No answer but experiencing same behavior.

Volvo OnCall App version 4.2.5 last updated 4-May-18.

Any mechanism for officially reporting such errors to the Volvo development team?

Tyler West 06-12-2018 09:18 PM

Same Issue on my XC40

Anyone find an answer to this? Is it just me or does no one at the dealerships or even at Volvo know much about the xc40?? Their answers to issues seem to only be “reset the computer”

Bo3b 06-13-2018 05:37 AM

Fixed with v4.2.9 release of the On Call app without explanation or Release Notes.

My dealer appears to know very little about software. And replies from the Volvo Customer Care (VCC) team seem to follow a diagnostic "script" that generally falls short of solving more complex problems. Additionally, feedback to the app development team go unanswered. Plus, to the best of my knowledge, there is no official online support forum. Finally, I have found at least one instance of online User Manual mismatch to actual on board software - The VCC team assures me that the documentation is current and accurate.

In general, Volvo appears to be learning on-the-fly about producing, managing & supporting a software product. For instance, AFAIK, you will not find a Customer visible version designation within the XC40 software - One of the simple first things needed for meaningful diagnostics. In many years as a QA consultant, this is very unusual and makes end User support difficult. In my opinion, at a minimum, there should be some sort of "Info" screen that lists XC40 VIN, on board and linked On Call app software version all in one place. And all documentation, including related "Release Notes" should be "Dated" and also carry revision history.

I have a few issues that not only go unresolved but generally have been basically ignored because all support (dealer, VCC and app development) simply don't know how to solve short of inconvenient return to dealer for recommended "Reset" or "Reload" of software. Hard to solve without the tools.

Bob

ggrunby 01-01-2019 05:22 PM

Is your Volvo On Call App reliable?

Problem
The Volvo On Call (VOC) app version 4.3.8 for Android and 3.6.1 for Windows (for both Windows 10 phone and desktop computer) do not reliably perform such remote functions as Lock, Unlock, Flash, Flash and Honk. The specific car involved is a 2015.5 S60.

Test results
To remotely lock my car with Windows 10 from my Windows phone or Desktop, I almost always get a return message that says "Your Volvo could not be locked". I have better success with the Android VOC app, but it still has frequent failures.

Response from Volvo Customer Service
They have always been friendly and attempt to be helpful, but there is almost no information about this problem. After some research, they did report the problem is prevalent across the United States and Canada. There is no date for a fix (or even if it is actively being work on), but a guess of February 2019 was offered.

Why this is important
VOC can provide on-demand road service, security surveillance of the location of your car, alerts of collision impacts, support for emergencies, etc. They advertise it this way and that is why it is significant to me! the cost of a one year subscription to this service is $200. Shouldn't we receive the support and quality that is commensurate with what Volvo promotes and what we pay for?