New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

1956 PV444

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1956 PV444

Hi guys. I'm a new member to the forum. I have the option of buying a 1956 PV444, fully restored. The car has been sitting in my in-laws garage for the better part of six years. The last time I saw the car I started it and the engine sound very healthy. The interior was in immaculate condition, so was the paint and bodywork. The only problem I noted was an errant voltage regulator that was preventing the battery from charging. I was told the restoration was done professionally. If my memory serves me right, the rubbers around the windshield and rear glass was brand new, so was the rubbers around the rest of the car. The interior appeared to have been gutted and fresh carpet and upholstery fitted. All chrome was in good to perfect condition. Nothing, inside or out appeared "ratty." I'm thinking about buying the car but have no idea what such a vintage is worth based on the above condition. Can anyone give me an idea what this particular model, based on the above condition is worth??

By the way, I travel a lot overseas. I stumbled upon a complete shop manual at a used bookstore in Amsterdam, Netherlands, that covers the PV444, PV544, P1800, plus a few more models. I was told these manuals are hard to come by.

Patrick

Old 08-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 1956 PV444

I doubt you are going to get much help here with something like that. I would like to see some pictures of the car though. I love old cars, especially ones from the 50's and earlier that are non-american cars. As far as a price, you have to decide what you think it's worth and see if you can get it for that price or less. Sounds like something that would be fun to have, but probably quite expensive to repair. Parts will be next to impossible to get.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.