New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Dealer Technician here to help when can

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Technician here to help when can

Hey guys, i havent introduced myself but will now. I work for a Volvo dealership as a "certified technician" and building my expierence everyday. Ive been at the dealership for a few years and saw too many ignorant customers and thought there must be something I can do to try to educate or answer some real easy questions. Im not here to help with hard diagnostics but i will try my best to answer the real common problems that I see nearly every day.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:50 AM

Hello! Welcome to the Volvo forum.Its glad to meet you.I hope you have a great time.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:21 PM

Awsome!!! welcome aboard. Thank you in advance for your future help

Old 07-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Default Hello tech

I have two questions for ya concerning my 96 960 volvo, My first one is I have a CD changer in the back and I keep getting a error code E-01, I had to manually remove the CD cartridge ( with a credit card ) I replaced the cd's and re-installed the cartridge into the cd Player. But I am still getting the error message. Your thoughts are appreciated.
My other question is, I am getting ready to replace the rear brake pads and rotors, Is there anything different that I may need to know about concerning the removal and install. I've done brake jobs in the past on other vehicles but never a volvo.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Exclamation Volvo 940 1992 will not start periodically...

Hello Dear Tech!

Oh goodness, how I wish you could help me! I'm having a bit of a trouble with my Volvo...it all started about 3-4 months ago. I am no car tech but my brother will understand the terminology you throw at me, so feel free! I would go to work, for example, and at the end of the day the car would not start. I would hear activity and the grrr grrrr of the car but it would seem that it would not have that itty bitty bit of energy or something to get it started. I have no weird lights on either. All is good but won't start. If I let it sit for some hours ...come back...-bam! Starts. Now the frequency of this occurrence has intensified. My brother changed the spark plugs, cleaned the wires and changed something in the fuel pump because it was acting irregularly a couple of days back (As in the car WOULD start and then DIE out-first time ever)...Anyway, yesterday it seemed to be just fine ...I filled it up with gas, came home and come morning, again same issue-the grrrr grrrrrr is all i got... I think its the engine turning but no hooray... I left my car and came back some hours after-Works fine! One of my coworkers told me that my fuel tank maybe needs cleaning and that sediment/dirt/etc could be blocking signals or etc. Could that be the case? What do you think?
I would appreciate any suggestion!

Thank you!

Old 08-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Default Thanks, I need a couple of things

I have a 2002 S80 and my message on the instrument panel says something like take in for regular service. My manual says it shows up every 7500 miles and the dealer resets it. What exactly does the dealer service and how do I reset the message myself?
Another question is that I just put fully synthetic Valvoline 5w30 oil in and 3500 miles later I used a quart of oil. Just bought this car BTW so I am not sure if this car normally used oil. Could it be something like the PCV or something other than my car just uses oil?
How do I channge my plugs and wires?

Thanks for your help

Old 08-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Default 1998 V70 Transfer Case Issue- I Need Your Help!!!

1998 V70 Transfer Case Issue- I Need Your Help!!! I would really appreciate some input on this topic.
I have the opportunity to buy a 1998 V70 w/ 150k, for a great price!!!
Unfortunately, there is an issue with the transfer case. The owner has had 3 certified mechanics inform him that it is indeed the transfer case, otherwise the vehicle is in great condition.

Of course, if I purchase the vehicle I plan on using a used transfer case, and hopefully having a mechanic friend perform the repairs. I don't know if this repair is best done in a Volvo specialized shop, and what is the repair rate on the labor is.

Does anyone have any information or experience on this topic with their V70?

Any recommendations?
Or should I keep shopping elsewhere?
I truly do appreciate some expertise with this.

Thanks!!!

ilovemy850

Old 08-04-2010, 12:42 PM

Hey Dealer Tech. welcome. I just joined and I own an '09 C70. Just got it a few weeks ago. What's your specialty? where do you work? Glad to know someone like you is interested in helping out. Look forward to chatting w/you some time in the future.
T.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Default New 2 the forum.

Hi. I am new to the forum, but have owned a 2004 XC90 for almost 2 years.
Am having trouble with the A/C in that the driver's side blows cool air, but the passenger side does not (unless driving @ 55-60mpg or above). Had the pressure(s) and compressor checked and they appear to be good. Was wondering how to remove the dash to get at the vent(s) to make sure they are not blocked or anything in them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anybody get an answer from dealer tech

Old 08-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Default answers from dealer_tech?

no answers or replies. wonder what happened to this dude . . .