Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   New Members Area (https://volvoforums.com/forum/new-members-area-4/)
-   -   Greetings from New Zealand (https://volvoforums.com/forum/new-members-area-4/greetings-new-zealand-72446/)

PbsT5 07-24-2013 12:48 PM

Greetings from New Zealand

Hi,

Just bought a 2005 V50 T5 in white. The dealer delivered the car Tuesday afternoon, we went for a drive that night, Sent it back to them the next day.

It's got dual zone climate control and even with the temp set to low, the dash board to the left of the drivers footwell is almost red hot. It supposedly had the heater fan motor changed before I bought it, but who knows?

Hopefully should get it back soon, by tonight the dealer will have had it longer than I have, I hope this doesn't become the norm.

I'm now living in New Zealand having been in England for 25yrs.

Lots of car history, but this is my first Volvo.

Cheers

Phil

difflock54 07-24-2013 10:40 PM

Welcome to the forum Phil.
It's great to see another NZ member on the scene.
Not too many from 'down under.'
Hope your new V50 meets your expectations and proves to be reliable.
Cheers.
Peter.

FlyingVee 07-25-2013 02:20 AM

Welcome

Welcome Phil.. from Gisborne New Zealand.. originally Suffolk UK. Hope you enjoy NZ and indeed the forum.. a very helpful bunch here.

Papariccardo 11-10-2013 05:00 PM

G'day Phil, I'm up in Whangaparaoa. Got into the Volvo addiction after doing some stupid speed in a 300kW 300ZX, decided if I wanted to live long & prosper, I should rethink my transport options. A 200 kW V70 does just fine....

dralex 09-13-2017 01:33 AM

Hi there,

Where do you guys take your cars for servicing?

Cheers,
Alex

thingstodo 09-16-2017 04:53 PM

Hi there,

Chris here from Auckland... Looking for advice and help with my partner's recent purchase of a 2007 C70 Convertable!

The first Challange is changing the language from Japanise to English, then configuring the Radio to NZ's bandwidth... for hopefully a reasonable price!

Former Volvo's:
850R, Yellow T5-r Walkinshaw, 850 2.5l non-turbo

difflock54 09-17-2017 06:07 AM

Re: Band width extending. Try this website.
I installed an expander from them and working well.
Electronic Developments Ltd - Radio Band Expanders for imported cars - New Zealand

petrik 10-06-2017 10:11 PM

Language change can be done, I completed it on my V50 it changed the Dash Cluster and also the Radio too english for from Japenese. This has to be done through the dealer unless you have the DiCE module to connect to the car. If you were closer ( Christhurch here ) i could plug in and change for you, there is a fee as i need to purchase and download the modules, otherwise dealer, here in ChCh dealers are charging about 500 - 600 for the change, i do it for 250, but you can buy the DiCE unit for about $90 from China and then use VolvoDash to reconfigure, with some cars the FM an be changed to AU/NZ as well