New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Hallå

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hallå

Hello. I'm 17 years old and I have a 1985 Volvo 240 DL sedan. There's a couple of cosmetic issues with it (rust here and there), but the interior is great (well, the seats are great) and the engine runs awesome. And it only cost me $500, and it has a $300 Swedish bike rack!

Ever since I went to Portland, Oregon two years ago and saw all the 80's Volvos, I was in love. I thought they were so beautiful. It was after I bought one that I realized they're considered hideous. I totally disagree, though. I think they look awesome. So, after I went to Portland for the second time last year, I vowed to buy an 80's Volvo when I returned to Alaska. And within a couple of weeks, I found this '85 beauty.

The Volv' had been sitting in the snow for about two months, and it hadn't been started since it was parked. When I went to meet with the owner, and he let me start it, it started on the first try! I was amazed.

I've had other cars before, but I have never driven them. So I'm considering this Volvo my first car. It's such a perfect car. The car can use some improvement, so it's a good beginner's car, but it isn't falling apart and won't cost me very much.

I'm a huge fan of the 80's Volvos. But I think my favorite Volvo is the 1800 S GT. At first I thought it looked like a classier Karmann Ghia, and then after a quick read on Wikipedia, I saw that Karmann actually helped with part of the design.

I'll try to post pictures of my Volvo when I get the chance. It's so awesome!

Old 09-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Hallå

Welcome