New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New member from Canada, eh! 🇨🇦

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from Canada, eh! 🇨🇦

Hello from Canada! 🇨🇦

I just joined the site and I figured I'd post here for my first post.

Anyway, in the last year or so, my interest in older Volvo cars has grown. Mostly in the 240/740/940 series in particular, but also for older models like the PV544, P1800 and 122s. Volvos have always been all over the roads where I am, but unfortunately I never really paid attention to Vovlo at all. I had always been primarily a Mopar enthusiast in the past and never considered anything else. Neither had I ever considered a Volvo for a daily driver.

However, recently I "discovered" just how reliable and long lasting Volvos are, as well as how passionate fans of certain models are and I began to fall in love with them and their slab-sided, brick-like charm. I am looking to get a "new" car in the next year or so and I am thinking of getting a 1988 or later 740 or 940 as my daily driver. Preferably something with galvanized sheetmetal to help withstand the harsh, salty Canadian winters up here. More than anything, I am looking for a safe and reliable car that I can actually wrench on myself - unlike today's modern cars - which is partly what has led me to wanting to buy a Volvo.

But with my time here, I intend on learning more about certain Volvo models, as well as learning how to do more of my own maintenance and mechanic work. All in all, I'm looking to observe and learn, and maybe meet a few nice people along the way. Any general help or sage advice you have to impart in regards to 240/740/940 cars will be more than appreciated!

See you in the threads!