Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   New Members Area (https://volvoforums.com/forum/new-members-area-4/)
-   -   New Member...Hi all! (https://volvoforums.com/forum/new-members-area-4/new-member-hi-all-7902/)

Bindusar 09-26-2006 04:06 PM

New Member...Hi all!

Let me introduce myself...I am a proud Volvo owner (of course) from the Chicago area. We have an '01 V70 T5 (107K) that just doesn't have the "fun factor" that our '99 S70 T5 (98K) has. So, here I am venturing out to learn about about possible mods and their long term mechanical implications plus some things regarding the interior (seats to be exact). I have sound mechanical aptitude but not the tools to do the work and my mechanic says he really is not interested in making modification for me. Hopefully by the time I am ready to start digging in I will have the knowledge necessary to do the right things! ;)

I look forward to the education I will be getting and let me say in advance that I very much appreciate the help and insights you all have to offer. I am a mod on a computer OC'ing forum and know what it means to be part of a community (dare I say family) like this.

S70driver 09-26-2006 04:33 PM

RE: New Member...Hi all!

Welcome

1. What is your budget?

2. What is your Hp goal?

tech 09-26-2006 09:03 PM

Welcome

Nice to have you Join.

The V70 is alot heavier than the S70. Same engine but heavier thats why it is slower.

Bindusar 09-27-2006 12:05 AM

Yeah, I know the weight is the issue. I'm not to fond of the automatic either (master cylinder was replaced fixing a chronic problem the dealership kept insisting was software related...funny story with that incident).

No real HP wishes at this point. The things I have in mind would reportedly get me to 299 or 312 (intake, exhaust and control module). Cost at this point is as well unknown as it it likely will be done in steps. As this is the "welcome area" I have probably blabbed on too much already so I will save it for the appropriate areas. Thanks for the welcome!

S70driver 09-27-2006 12:09 AM

Well the stock air box is the best setup. The EST intake system is nice for look but real performance gains will be 5Hp at the most but your mostly sucking in hot air even with the heatshield provided.

K&N panel filter will be a nice add on in the stock box, or you can try to make your own CAI setup routing the filter to the front bumper.

A 3" downpipe to a 2.5" free flowing catback system with a Magnaflow muffler will add some nice HP and sound really nice.

After doing these mods get an ECU upgrade. This will be great for higher boost.

This is the first thing you should do---->, Oh and get a BOOST/VAC gauge to monitor your boost pressure. And get some Stylin Motors turbo hoses and vaccum lines.