Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   North East (https://volvoforums.com/forum/north-east-43/)
-   -   V70 in Mass. (https://volvoforums.com/forum/north-east-43/v70-mass-14329/)

Eric J 10-12-2007 02:12 PM

V70 in Mass.

I've live in Mass. all my life except2 years in R.I.. Yes I'm a masshole. I don't know why it took so long for me to get a Volvo, maybe the 'buy American' that I stuck with. Anyways, Massachusalts uses alot of salt in winter. Then, as part of the yearly inspection, they won't pass a car with a rust hole in it. (Does the state own Maaco?) We also have a pothole problem.(Anybody else feel my pain?)
This is where Volvosare made for. (Maybe they own a piece of Volvo too.!)
The don't rust and my car at 203k still rides good dispite the washboards.
Now I'm gonna stay. Eric J

Rickc10ny 10-17-2007 09:52 AM

RE: V70 in Mass.

Only problem with owning a Volvo in Massachusetts is if you go to Tanglewood to see the Boston Symphony it takes an hour to find your Volvo amongst the hundreds of Volvos parked there.[sm=roll.gif]

(I live in Albany NY)

gordon368 10-17-2007 08:44 PM

rofl I live in Mass too, and trust me no one's a bigger masshole then me haahha...

Yeah recently I got a rim on ebay for 80$ for my car(used) same one, and then another different rim i dented so I am going to need another one thanks to these pot holes....

I wont claim it onthe state , Because they just deny you.......

any of you bring your volvo to Boston Volvo OR 128 Wakefield Volvo?

Thecapeman 11-05-2007 11:59 AM

I have a 2000 S70 GLT SE Metallic Green in Gardner, MA

Eric J 12-13-2007 10:33 AM

Hi Richard, I just checked back to this thread. We go to McNallys in Westminster on Thursdays and to the Southside now and then.

Thecapeman 12-17-2007 06:58 AM

Crazy. I deliver to both those places as well as many others in the area. My wife and I were SouthSide loyalists every friday night until the baby came along and then... sigh...

Anyways glad to see another board member that close by to me. I may look you up for help some day. Hope you enjoyed shoveling this week!

Rick

Eric J 12-17-2007 12:23 PM

Richard ahh sorry Rick, What do you deliver?(Tell me it's Tequila and Scotch)

Ruin the night life,that's what children will do, Luckily mine are 19 and 21.

Maybe you can get a sitter, and you bothcan join my wife and I out near Chair City sometime. We'll toss back Wachusetts and talk Volvos.

I got a new snowblower!

Thecapeman 12-17-2007 01:57 PM

I deliver Tequila, scotch....uh who am I kiddin?My company specializes in providing allFood Service supplies with a focus within the fresh seafood market. Lobster, haddock, scallops, fry-oil, flour, french fries...etc. Based out of Fitchburg, MA.

My wife will watch the baby, I can hear it now...

HER:"You want me to go out and hang out with you and your new volvo-forum buddy?? You're such a dork!"

ME: "But hun, we could use someone with car knowledge who lives close by..and drives a volvo... Besides, it's not all car talk I'm sure. We discuss other things like areodynamics and cold-air related physics not to mention the leading edge properties of mosqui.....Hun? Hun?...

Sigh...My snowblower didn't start this time around...

Eric J 12-17-2007 03:13 PM

Hey, where are you going with the snowblower?

I have to helpaVolvo forumchum clear his driveway.

That's it, I'mgoing to disable your hard drive.

I love it when you talk that way.

After, we can meet up and chat about lobsters and scollops and clams, oh my, and the flight properties of flying fish and while they are airborn, the probability of them getting bit by a mosqui..........

angusmacg 12-29-2007 02:14 PM

I live in Woostah and have a friend who works for Atlas Distribution....

volvobuff 01-10-2009 07:08 PM

FYI, the sales manager at Farrell Volvo in Southborough MA is named Thor. I kid you not.