Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

April Is National Car Care Month (USA)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default April Is National Car Care Month (USA)

April is National Car Care Month and I encourage everyone to take a walk around their vehicle and take a look at the common maintenance areas, many of which are quick, do-it-yourself (DIY) automotive maintenance items.

1. Tires: Check tire pressure, check treadwear, is it time for a rotation? Your correct tire pressures are listed right on the tires and on a sticker inside your driver door.

2. Bulbs: Check for any burnt-out bulbs - especially center/high brake lights (which seems to be an epidemic in the USA).

3. Fluids: Check all fluids under the hood. Most reservoirs have clear markings. Also check your oil change sticker to see if you're due.

4. Air Filters: Check your engine air filter and your cabin air filter. Replace if necessary. Yes - many vehicles have TWO filters which should be changed every 6-12 months depending on your driving habits and climate.

5. Windshield Wiper Blades: Inspect and replace your windshield wiper blades taking note that most should be replaced every 6-12 months.

Depending on your automotive maintenance skill level, there may be other things you should inspect/check/replace.

National Car Care Month serves as a reminder that vehicle maintenance leads to safer vehicles and safer roads as well as a more satisfying driving experience. Use this as a reminder to take a few minutes with your vehicle!

Jeff
President
Wipers123.com

Good Luck!!

Old 04-21-2009, 01:05 PM

Most of that stuff should be common sence. I was taught to check that once a week, and downhere in Fla. with the heat, you have to be on it!

Old 04-21-2009, 03:51 PM

even if we're off the season, we should maintain our cars. have them autodetailed for every three months and always inspect the tire, wheels, gas , interior and exterior part

Old 04-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For my Volvo V70...................

1. Tires: Check tire pressure. Your correct tire pressures are listed right on the tires and on a sticker inside your driver door.
Tire says 44 PSI and door says 35 PSI?? What to do?!!!!

2. Bulbs: Check for any burnt-out bulbs
It's a Volvo, I replace bulbs weekly!

3. Fluids: Check all fluids under the hood.
There's oil everywhere!

4. Air Filters: Check your air filter and your cabin filter. Replace if necessary.
Where's that dead mouse come from?

5. Windshield Wiper Blades: Inspect and replace your windshield wiper blades
Check the one's on the headlights too!

For my Geo Metro.....................

1. Tires: Check tire pressure. Your correct tire pressures are listed right on the tires and on a sticker inside your driver door.
Tires are hyper-inflated to 50 PSI

2. Bulbs: Check for any burnt-out bulbs
All lamps except headlamps converted to LED.

3. Fluids: Check all fluids under the hood.
There's oil everywhere!

4. Air Filters: Check your air filter and your cabin filter. Replace if necessary.
No cabin filter, just fresh air from the holes in the floor.

5. Windshield Wiper Blades: Inspect and replace your windshield wiper blades
My wipers are in the trunk until needed.