Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://volvoforums.com/forum/off-topic-7/)
-   -   Delta Faucet Company is good to me... (https://volvoforums.com/forum/off-topic-7/delta-faucet-company-good-me-58109/)

rspi 10-11-2011 08:07 PM

Delta Faucet Company is good to me...

I was in the Military for several years. I was also a real estate investor so I have moved several times. There are a few things that my wife and I enjoy in our home (where ever that may be) so we install a few things right away.
  1. We like a good kitchen faucet. We usually get a new high quality faucet when move into a new place right away. The last move or two we decided to keep the old faucet and swap them back out when it's time to move. We did that this last move but our Delta faucet with it's Lifetime Warranty had a stiff neck. So I called them the other day and tried to order a replacement neck. They seen that I ordered a few parts for it last year so they sent me a brand new faucet assembly. So now we have a brand new high quality faucet in the apartment that we moved into. :D
  2. Another thing we like is a programmable thermostat. So I kindly swapped that out when I left the house and install it in the apartment as well. I set it to adjust temps for wake up, daily living, and cold for night time.
  3. What fun is taking a shower with that cheap $15 shower head. So that was moved as well.
  4. I could not find the bathroom faucets and the one I did find looked so bad that I left my long neck Pearless faucets in the bathroom. If I would have had a few extra bucks and just a little time, I would have purchased 2 standard faucets for the bath and took those as well.
  5. Then there is the air antenna. Since I can't afford cable at the time, I have a nice air antenna that allows me to receive about 18 local stations, 5 HD and the rest digital. I wire both flat panels up to it. Awsome picture quality, better than U-Verse and cable. The same as satalite.
  6. We usually install a few dimmers. Three if we can. One over the kitchen/dining room table, one in the master bedroom, and one in the living room area.
  7. Last but not least we really enjoy our hot tap. It usually goes in before the boxes are unpacked. This place doesn't have a plug under the sink to install it but maybe I'll work that out later. When we leave a place we go purchase one of those space plugs for $5 and plug the hole in the sink (the one I drilled in it to install it).
That's what we usually do within a week of moving into a new place. What's your favorite thing to do when you move?

Burn Stains 10-14-2011 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by rspi (Post 291929)
What's your favorite thing to do when you move?

Take everything but the kitchen sink. :p

Thumbs up on the programmable thermostat. No need to waste heat or air when you forget to turn it down after leaving the house, or going to bed. Save some energy!

Make sure to get low flow shower heads as well so you can stand and wait for three minutes until all the suds are out of your hair. :rolleyes:
Low flow = I don't like the sound of that.

Dimmers are nice, timed lights are nice as well. Saves energy when the family lights up the house like the 4th of July.

Can you tell I'm an energy star? :D

VileSmile 10-15-2011 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Burn Stains (Post 292355)

Can you tell I'm an energy star? :D

Lol. I'm not, sadly.

My desk houses 2 desktops computers, connected to a 24 and a 19 inch display. As well as a 19" laptop, and 2 15" laptops. Next to me I also have 3 tv's, 5 consoles and a DVD player. Needless to say, That's ALOT of wires. So when I settle into somewhere, the first thing I need to manage is wires. I get a length of flex pipe, and pipe all the wires through it, and toward the most logical power supply, While labeling everything for ease of use.

Second, I have a light sensitivity problem, probably from being around so much of it glaring in my face. So I switch everything to a very soft light, as well as dimming the lights.

Third, and really the most important. I choose a spot in the yard, and I dig a deep hole, maybe 4 feet deep, and 2 feet wide. Inside I build a wooden box for support. and I place my steel fire/water proof safe inside. Place the wooden lid on top, and bury it again.
Sounds like paranoia. But I place all of my most important documents inside. Any legal or medical records,. As well as an emergency credit card. Should my house burn down, or I be robbed blind. I still have things I can use to restart my life. It's a little bit of work, but its an investment thats worth it.

rspi 10-15-2011 10:19 AM

The hole out back...

Originally Posted by VileSmile (Post 292400)
Third, and really the most important. I choose a spot in the yard, and I dig a deep hole, maybe 4 feet deep, and 2 feet wide. Inside I build a wooden box for support. and I place my steel fire/water proof safe inside. Place the wooden lid on top, and bury it again. Sounds like paranoia. But I place all of my most important documents inside. Any legal or medical records,. As well as an emergency credit card. Should my house burn down, or I be robbed blind. I still have things I can use to restart my life. It's a little bit of work, but its an investment thats worth it.

Do you park an old car over it as well? I do have a safe, I guess I need to bolt it down or hide it. When I was in the house I use to lock it in the trunk of the car and set the alarm on the car. I figured my neighbors would hear the car alarm and at least check it out.

I only have 2 flat panels tv's, and 3 computers on all day. I like to install a motion sensor light in the master closet, mainly because I refuse to get out of bed to turn that light off. It goes off and on by itself...

VileSmile 10-15-2011 10:37 AM

Lol no, No old car. The safe is a key and combination lock. Of course assuming you knew it was there, you would have to dig 4 feet into my yard without me or my dog hearing you, as well as lift it out and make off with it. Unlikely.

As for the motion sensor. Thats a pretty damn good idea. Even if you implemented it into other areas of your home. Maybe near the stairs or in the bathroom. Would certainly conserve electricity and avoid fumbling for a light.

rspi 10-15-2011 10:46 AM

Heck, I don't know why lighting companies don't make interior lights motion sensitive. That would be a nice feature on many closet and hall lighting fixtures.

Burn Stains 10-15-2011 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by rspi (Post 292415)
Heck, I don't know why lighting companies don't make interior lights motion sensitive. That would be a nice feature on many closet and hall lighting fixtures.

Cause they're in cahoots with the electric company! Why would they make products to lose money?