Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://volvoforums.com/forum/off-topic-7/)
-   -   Movies (https://volvoforums.com/forum/off-topic-7/movies-13871/)

99VolvoV70 09-18-2007 11:41 PM

Movies

Just thought I'd start a random topic since I watched an interesting movie tonight.

What good movies have you seen lately? Or what are your favorite all-time movies?

I just watched Breach and it was very well-done.

v70 2.4t 09-19-2007 02:12 AM

RE: Movies

I saw Apocalypto the other night on DVD, it blew me away!!
one of the best movies i have seen.
I also loved Blood diamond.(leo is a great actor)

v70 2.4t

S70driver 09-19-2007 09:29 AM

Recently I watched Bourne Ultimatim online, Simpsons Movie online, Shootem Up online. Bourne U. was great, Simpsons truly sucked and Shootem Up even with the bad acting the action was great.

All time fav. movies....

- The Bond films
- Star Wars movies
- Lord of the Rings
- Blazzing Saddles
- What about Bob
- The Great Escape
- Goonies
I can go on and on and on.

99VolvoV70 09-19-2007 09:59 AM

I like the Bourne movies, but I still haven't seen Bourne Ultimatum.

Btw, I'm trying to get ideas for movies to rent because I have a couple of hundred points with "MyCokeRewards" and it takes 45 points to get a free Blockbuster rental.

gordon368 09-19-2007 10:26 AM

I think that Volvo V8 2008 model should be featured in the Transporter 3 movie.... lol... both 1 and 2 were really good, so if they come out with a third movie id have to say to usea volvo... lol... or a s60r should appear in a need for speed movie..

Last movie I saw was employee of the month from blockbuster and the Rise of Taj, both funny movies.... lmao

jks2 09-19-2007 12:21 PM

Favorite movie of all time is "It's a Wonderful Life". The black and white version. They should hang[:@], shoot[sm=boosign.gif], drown[sm=badidea.gif], or otherwise abuse[sm=badbadbad.gif], whoever decided to colorize the film. Have always been a big fan of the Bond movies, especially "Live & Let Die". Yaphet Koto was great as Mr. Big/Kananga and Jane Seymour is well Jane Seymour. Saw the Bourne Identity the other night. Is was pretty good but I've yet to see a movie that did justice to Ludlum's books. Harrison Ford in the Jack Ryan movies, based on the Tom Clancy novels are pretty good. On the other end of the spectrum, there is only one movie I ever got up and walked out of, "An American Werewolf in London", which was a total waste of celluloid.:eek:

JPN 09-20-2007 10:40 AM

- Star Wars (of course)
- Harry Potter (except the 2nd movie)
- Terminator-II (those skeleton robots must be manufactured by Snap-on; shiny & chromic:))
- Alien-II
- Whatever has to do with Christmas
- Zatouichi-座é**市 (the only Japanese movie I like, with Takeshi Kitano being the director as well as the main character. No other movies illustrate Samurai spirit better than Kitano's movie)

JPN

white out 09-20-2007 11:52 AM

Favorites
-back to the future 1&2
-gone in 60 seconds
-idle hands
-super troopers
-dukes of hazard
-jurassic park
-bad boys I & II

New
-knocked up
-superbad
-the simpsons movie

Nick

TheSteelKnight 09-20-2007 12:01 PM

Transformers, Pirates of the Carribean, Gladiator, Meet joe Black. V for Vendetta :) greatest movies ever.

michael.josh 10-16-2007 08:00 PM

i love to watch resident evil

01_fast_ride 10-17-2007 12:30 AM

I won't get into favs but I recently watched The Number 23 and Deja Vu. Both far from new release, yes. But both made great conversation afterwards as well as left us thinking. More than I can say about alot of movies.

Another must see is The Jacket. Rent it!
If you can find Criminal, starring John C Reilly. Its hilarious.
I just renewed my Netflix membership so I have some catching up to do...