Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

Recent Purcahses (Car, Etc...)

Old 08-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Default Recent Purcahses (Car, Etc...)

So this is the OFFICIAL recent purcahses thread. Here you will tell us what you recently purcahsed. It can be car related, home related, etc... Technically anything can be listed even the Mc Donalds you had for lunch. Lets go back about a month. Nothing past a month old. So a month old or newer.

I will go first.

1. I just bought a new pair of New Balance sneakers today actually. First time I have bought new sneakers in about four years. I know it sound unreal but I don't like to purchase shoes or clothes that often. I mean I have been wearing some pairs of shorts for like 5+ years.

A week ago Sat or Sun I purcahsed some cutlery from Cutlery and More dotcom. I purchased some Wusthof Classic items. Including a 4" Paring Knife, 7" Hollow Edge Santoku Knife, 8" Chef's Knife, 5" Utility Knife, 10" Sharpening Steel and a 17-slot Cherrywood Knife Block. With those items I got some free items as well including two Bamboo cutting boards, free knife sharpener and a coupon for one of a few items to hold knives in.

3. 300 the regular DVD.

4. Replacement Upper Intercooler Pipe.

5. Gas as well.

6. IPD Sway Bars

I think that about covers it for right now.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Default RE: Recent Purcahses (Car, Etc...)

This sounds interesting - I had to check my credit card statement to remember, but here goes (I'll just do the last 3 days to keep it shorter).

1) Gas - ~$35 for 14 gallons here in Alabama (much cheaper than the $3.35 per gallon I was paying while visiting CT two weeks ago)
2) Textbooks: Systems Engineering & Analysis; Handbook of Parametric & Nonparametric Statistical Procedures (boring...)
3) Home Depot stuff - 2x4 which I cut to fit around our banister so that I could install a baby gate without drilling into the banister and some screw hooks to hang up some stuff (bicycle and cartop carrier) in our garage.

I'll stop there... suffice it to say gas stations, Target and Walmart appear the most in the monthly statement.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:14 PM

I know what you mean about clothing. I have t-shirts that are 9 and 10 years old. Two that are 9 years old have been in the regular rotation since new. They are my 'Golden Boys' in you know what that means.

About a month ago exactly I bought a bunch of stuff from the IPD garage sale event. A ScanGaugeII, filter wrench, trim removal tool, bone tool and a few other things. I also stocked up on oil filters and got a new fuel filter, crush washers + magnetic drain plug from FCP.

I bought gas. But that was about 3 weeks ago. Maybe I can stretch it for a month. [sm=happy046.gif]

Old 08-22-2007, 05:44 PM

Sorry to interrupt what you're doing, but I have a quick question for you. IT seems that we are in the minority when it comes to the S70 AWD. I really like yours by the way, mine is dk blue and shows even slightest spec of dust. I was told today by IPD that they don't have eibach lowering springs\bilstien touring class shocks for our cars, or any lowering springs or shocks for that matter. HE said they can't really be lowered without some expensive modification because of the self leveling rear shocks. Is this true? I hope not. Will the sway bars from IPD fit on our cars? Have you put yours on yet? Thanks for your help!

Old 08-22-2007, 05:56 PM

ORIGINAL: danny72

Sorry to interrupt what you're doing, but I have a quick question for you. IT seems that we are in the minority when it comes to the S70 AWD. I really like yours by the way, mine is dk blue and shows even slightest spec of dust. I was told today by IPD that they don't have eibach lowering springs\bilstien touring class shocks for our cars, or any lowering springs or shocks for that matter. HE said they can't really be lowered without some expensive modification because of the self leveling rear shocks. Is this true? I hope not. Will the sway bars from IPD fit on our cars? Have you put yours on yet? Thanks for your help!
I will PM you about this so as not to clutter the thread up. Please no one else respond to his questions in this thread.

Thank you

Old 08-23-2007, 03:30 PM

I bought my Volvo S60 R

Old 08-23-2007, 06:10 PM
JPN
Default RE: Recent Purchases (Car, Etc...)

1. Train pass for commuting.
2. Ferrari 360 Modena, 1/24 scale (Tamiya) + some acrylic paints.
3. Ice cream every day (try Japan's summer with brutal heat + humidity)
4. Boeing 787 (tiny but pricey, made in Germany) for my instructor at SIUC.
5. Brinkmann flashlight for aircraft exterior inspection.
6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (U.K version).
7. Suppository for You-know-what ()
8. Grocery + bills, of course.

Donations are highly suggested & welcomed.

JPN

Old 08-24-2007, 05:57 AM

Ok, I just returned from Ikea
$1500.00 later, am i mad ??
One bed
One wardrobe
One chest of drawers..

I have allowed 3-4 years for the assembly.
v70 2.4t

Old 08-24-2007, 11:52 AM

Ikea is great for DIYers. You get to come out of there with your future projects mapped out for the next few years.

To stay on topic, I'll add that I picked up 10 bookcases and a table for free! My office just moved as the company attempts to combine disparate buildings into one large complex. As a result, our old office stuff was abandoned and offered up to the first taker. Four of the bookcases and the table were actually for me and the rest were for two of my friends. What a deal! (Saved the company money by not having to haul it to the dump - although everyone thinks they should have had a moving sale or something, but they didn't have enough time since we had to abandon the building.)

Old 08-24-2007, 03:40 PM

Postage to send out a Cover Letter, Resume and two Demo Reels yetserday.

The day before postage for two sets of Cover Letters, Resumes and Demo Reels.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:51 AM

Harbor Freight 1/2" electric impact driver on sale for $39.95.
I tried it on one of my wheel lugs, Hooey did that thing work!

I've got a long extension cord and now I REALLY want to
take something apart....heh heh (visually scans neighborhood).

John

Old 08-27-2007, 09:23 AM

Now you've got me checking Harbor Freight. I've been wanting one of those for awhile. My friends ridicule me because any time I work on my car I take the front tires off to get better access to the engine (even if it's not really necessary). I never seem to have enough room to get around under there. So, it'd be nice to be able to buzz them off in just a few seconds instead of a couple of minutes. I wonder if I can find one that will fit on my 19V battery charged Craftsman set of tools. hmm...

Old 08-28-2007, 02:02 PM

Well I was about to be an owner of a LAMMERS 850 Estate BTCC 1:43 model car by Minichamps but got outbidded and I wont be bidding again.

I'm actaully glad I was outbidded. That's $50 I can save and or use on something more important.

Oh I'm going to be paying $100 a month now for my health insurance, to help my parents pay for it. With my Part-Time job I couldn't afford health insurance on my own.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:44 PM

Wireless G laptop card.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:24 PM

ORIGINAL: JPN

3. Ice cream every day (try Japan's summer with brutal heat + humidity)

JPN
Man I went to Japan last summer and quickly realized why the plane fares are so cheap during this time. Drenched in sweat everytime after 2 minutes of being outside and I thought Georgia and Florida had the worst summer heat!

Anyway to stay on topic...
A used Volvo
Guitar picks
various songs from Itunes
Tires will probably be next

Old 09-04-2007, 10:47 PM

Food
Rent
Books for school
A car wash for the 960 (it rained 2 days later)
Mud flaps for the 960 (they look good, and worked well on the 30 mile dirt-mud-road I had to drive in that rain)
Some random household items

Old 09-04-2007, 11:07 PM

If you put a good wax job on your car after you washed it the rain should bead up nicely.

Mine is still beading nicely even after two months.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:42 AM
JPN

1. Nissan Skyline GT-R (1/24, Tamiya).
2. Paints & sprays for it.
3. Boeing 737-500 (1/200, Hasegawa)
4. Paints & spray for it.
5. Ice cream[8D]
6. Ice cream[:@]
7. Ice cream

JPN

Old 09-05-2007, 07:05 PM

Hi,
-I bought a Volvo 850 less than 2 weeks ago , fixed it, bought the parts from FP Groton and now it's leaving for Montreal Canada on Sunday,(I gave it to my daughter)I have to find myself another one.
- Ball joint for my Mercedes, (broke 5 minutes frommy house, took AAA 3 1/2 hours to come)
-Press from Harbor Freight for the ball joint.
-Impact Drill for $39.99 at harbor ...
-Catalytic converter for Blazer on ebay $140.00((tried to install it myself...) ended upsending the truck to repair shop,installation incuding new 02 sensor for $241) Was an easy job in Florida and Alabama, but here in Vermont everything is RUSTED...
-and like JPN a lots of Ice Cream with Caramel on top....
- Bought my wife a watch from Italy it came in yesterday she was so Happy. ( it will be harder for her to say no when comes the time for the next Volvo....
-Just bought a 100y/o house in Vermont so I need a lots of 2x4.

Enough fo now. Man I didn't realised how much I have spent in the last few weeks. I have to calm down.

AJ

Old 09-06-2007, 12:06 AM

It was waxed about a month ago.....the water beads up nicely, mud still sticks and gives me a nice two-tone paint job. Dark green on top, with a nice speckled fade to brown. It'll get another wash after I get back from Glacier Nat'l park on Sunday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recent Purcahses (Car, Etc...)

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.