Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://volvoforums.com/forum/off-topic-7/)
-   -   What did you do to your car today? (https://volvoforums.com/forum/off-topic-7/what-did-you-do-your-car-today-25110/)

tech 11-29-2008 06:56 PM

What did you do to your car today?

Today I replaced my shifter plate and panel that moves with the shifter. The PO was a sloppy smoker and burned the slider piece and the panel was falling apart.

I also installed a used set of drilled front rotors that I had aquired. So now I have drilled rotors all the way around.

So what did you do?

TIPSP 11-29-2008 07:57 PM

RE: What did you do to your car today?

On friday, I installed my custom poly endlinks and it was a great upgrade from the stock ones:D.

Today:
Well I opened up my EZK box to see if it was chippable. Andas it turns out....it is not:(. I will have to buy one that is.
Atleast my ECU (fuel) is chippable:D.

Me and my dad were testing out the different durometers of the poly we made for his car. Fun stuff:).

SACS80 11-29-2008 10:07 PM

Installed my fog light kit ($135). Went to the dealer to get the software upgrade ($44). Then they told me $120 for labor. Then car would not start due to a fuel pump relay missing ($22).

Weird because the car ran for a year without one until new software was uploaded.

Next upgrade: Pay credit card...[>:][8D][:@]:D[:-][&o]:([&:]:)

Capo Cam 11-30-2008 01:56 AM

Let her just hang out in the garage :(

summit 11-30-2008 02:24 AM

Replaced a broken headlight lens and attempted to fix the tailgate hatch panel only to find out I need more of the fasteners for another trim piece that is also off. Fun times. haha

Also got a quote on tinting it. Is $250 w/lifetime warranty good for a wagon?

TIPSP 11-30-2008 02:38 AM

$250 for install and lifetime warrenty is pretty good. Do it.

knuckledragger 11-30-2008 04:09 PM

Ipd front and rear sway bars!I had my wagon tinted with 3m material for $150 lifetime warranty and they came to my house on sunday to do it!!Still need to do the pcv kit.Next weekend I guess.

SACS80 12-05-2008 01:04 AM

Replace my front parking lights with LED lights (eBay).

Somthngfrce 12-05-2008 06:43 AM

Got a new Radiator and Thermostat!............But the question should be "What haven't I done to my car today!",lol.......... It's ok, I love my 850.

SACS80 12-05-2008 11:53 PM

Polished my ride with a high speed buffer & 3M's Finesse-It II Glaze. Then got lost in the gloss... [8D]

Capo Cam 12-07-2008 09:01 PM

She's still sitting in the garage :(

SACS80 12-09-2008 08:38 PM

1. Replaced stock filter with a K&N filter.
2. Replaced front turn signal bulbs with chrome bulbs.
3. Replaced rear parking lights and brake lights with LED lights.

zmontgomery 12-10-2008 02:24 AM

My latest was I replaced the MAF sensor......that was about a week ago. Today the car was driven, and it got dirty in a combination of snow, melted snow, and road gravel :( With more snow on the way, I think today signified the beginning of the 3 or so month stretch where the car does not get washed.

SACS80 12-10-2008 10:26 PM

What are you using to clean your MAF with?

Crito 12-10-2008 10:49 PM

Put a DashMat in my 2003 S80. Have some kind of doubled paned glass all around that seems to block UV but also reflects glare off the dash in my face. Was really starting to annoy me.

SACS80 12-19-2008 08:05 PM

1. Fully removed my front bumper & headlights. It was much easier than I imagined.

2. Found out why I was getting moisture in my front right headlight all of the time. There is a crack just behind the seal for the glass that I could not see. Seems water was getting in from the top edge and then dripping on the shield for the low beams.

3. DO NOT THE REFLECTORS.!!!!!! [:@][&:]:(:(:(:(:(:( EVEN WITH PLAIN WATER! JUST USE A PAIN CLEAN MICROFIBER TOWEL.

4. Installed a USA SPEC CB-PA85 cable to charge my iPod.

Crito 12-23-2008 03:09 PM

They say it'll "sit down" completely in the summer when it warms up, or I could have used a hairdryer to replicate those conditions - was afraid to burn the fibers - but it fits pretty well as-is, despite it being freezing outside. Just had to slide it a little further back than usual to get some under the vent lip. I'll pull it forward a bit next summer after it molds itself. Anyways, for anyone that googled to this thread on "dashmat" thought I'd mention that their beige is lighter than Volvo's arena color scheme's beige. Their taupe is darker than the arena light taupe in mine too. But I thought tan (dashmat beige) looked pretty nice so went with that. Oh, and here's a couple pictures showing not just the dashmat but the !@#$in' ridiculously reflective windows. Apparently some people paid extra for the privilege of having them, go figure.

http://www.4crito.com/msgbrd/pics/dashmat.jpg
http://www.4crito.com/msgbrd/pics/dashmat2.jpg

SMTurbo5 12-24-2008 02:40 AM

Changed the oil in the old t5 and spilled 2 quarts of dirty Mobil 1 before realizing that the oil tub was WAY off target. https://volvoforums.com/micons/m13.gif

jrgillespie630 01-06-2009 04:13 AM

today I changed the headlights, changed the thermostat, and changed the coolant sensor

VJZ 01-13-2009 11:30 PM

I ordered:

Rear Bilstein touring shocks, new rear shock mounts, rear bump stop retaining pins, and rear upper spring spacers.

All from FCP Groton. Free shipping. These guys have good prices. Quite pleased so far. Hopefully I get it fast!