Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

What Are Your Plans For the Super Bowl?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 10:50 PM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: What Are Your Plans For the Super Bowl?

Actually, geisha women are highly-trained, educated& skilled entertainers as contrary to commonly known prostitute image. They are generally trained to entertain upper-class people such as politicians, execs, etc... Steer clear of the images of Japanese people in movies, they don't even come close to reality.

And what waited for me after work were:

- Laundry
- Messy room (apartment)
- Dirty dishes
- Bills

JPN

Old 02-08-2008, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Laundry
- Messy room (apartment)
- Dirty dishes
- Bills

Are you sure you're not my child? They always leave their rooms messy, they never wash their dishes and they cost me $$$ everyday.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:10 AM
JPN

If you're fully or partially Japanese/Asian.....

WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME IN THE HOSPITALIN '73!!!

JPN

Old 02-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JPN

If you're fully or partially Japanese/Asian.....

WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME IN THE HOSPITALIN '73!!!

JPN

After your birth, you started going into so much detail about feeding times, nap schedules, kindergarten choices, private schools, higher education, then you became so deeply entrenched in the history of flight, followed by the entire theory of propulsion and aerodynamics..........on the third day, the nurses couldn't findanyone to claim you............................................... .......{;~O}

Old 02-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

ERIC ROFLMAO

Old 02-10-2008, 06:48 PM
JPN

I wondered about that possibility too. And it upsets me when people neglect the importance of scheduled naps[8D].

JPN

Old 02-10-2008, 07:33 PM

While I was searching the net to find out what 'ROFLMAO' meant,(Thanks jks)I found this exciting advice.

In the modern world, we're often compelled to be as productive as possible during as many hours of the day as we can be. While this can lead to great feats of accomplishment, we may become exhausted and find ourselves craving rest and rejuvenation. We may feel like taking a nap but feel guilty about indulging in even ten minutes of rest. This need for personal downtime, which many people experience in the early afternoon, isn't a sign of laziness nor is it necessarily related to how much sleep you had the night before. There was even a time when taking a nap was considered a natural part of everyone's day.

Napping is a pleasurable yet brief period of sleep when our minds and bodies can take a break. Though judged by many to be a pastime for children or the elderly, napping can benefit people of all ages. The desire to nap is a trait shared by many mammals, and napping is still an important part of the day in some countries. Snoozing for a half-hour can be an enjoyable way to promote physical well-being, and naps have been known to improve your mood and memory. A 20-minute nap can sharpen your senses and revitalize you, while a ten minute nap can leave you feeling more cheerful. Falling into a light sleep during the daytime can feel meditative. The thoughts you have as you are taking a nap and the dreams you experience may offer you insights about your life that you may not have at night when you are in a deep sleep.

In order to fully enjoy the benefits of napping, you may need to give yourself permission to nap. Feeling guilty about snoozing or worrying about your to-do list won't do you much good when you are trying to take a nap because your thoughts or feelings will keep you awake. Try to nap at the same time each day, and use an alarm clock to ensure that you don't sleep for too long. If you go to an office, try crawling under your desk for a nap. Learning to nap and enjoy its restorative benefits can help you wake up restored, rejuvenated, and ready for the rest of your day.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz
ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZ
ZZZ
Z

{!~l}-l--<

Old 02-11-2008, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator

Roling On the Floor, Laughing My A*% Off. You're welcome.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:04 AM
JPN

Now the topic has transformed from "Plans for the Super Bowl" to "Power of Naps". For the next game season, I expect there would be a team named "The Nappers".

GoNappers!!!

......[8D]

JPN

Old 02-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Napping. That sound good to me. I am one who can take a 10 minute nap and feel just great. My wife is one that if she can not get an hour she would rather not even try. I have been known to go out to my car after lunch and recline the seat and fall asleep for about 10 minutes. Not often, but occasionally. If I'm sitting at my desk and I am having trouble keeping my eyes open, that can go on for hours and, quite frankly, I'm not getting anything productive done. I'm just tryingto look like I'm awake and fighting the desire to fall asleep with my chin bouncing off my chest. Now if I just say the heck with it and go out to me car, I'm back in less than a 1/2 hour and fully rested and wide awake. I never use an alarm clock though even at night.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:21 AM
JPN

I distantly remember that one IT company in California had done a test on its employees. The company had given the employees 1 hour for lunch, and another hour for napping. Their result had shown that the productivity of the employees had actually improved after napping.

This is probably something that most managers wouldn't want to admit, though[8D].

JPN

Old 02-11-2008, 08:20 PM

Usually when in the course of the day, when sensory systems start faltering...........huh........oh..ya......a reprieve of some sort will brighten the............wha.....uh.......awareness. Whether one just meditates a moment to gather thoughts together or.........ga......but...........briefly closes their eyes until they drop a .........schluh.......pencil, Some sort of siesta seems to improve mental functionality..................................... .......................

You have timed out. Please log back in.