Private Wanted Classifieds - Archive Looking for something? Tell us!

Looking for Interior Knobs and Window Deflectors/Visors

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Interior ***** and Window Deflectors/Visors

Hello Everyone,

I purchased a 2001 Volvo S40 in December and last month had to replace the light bulbs behind the 3 ***** connected to the climate control in the center console above the radio. The mechanic replaced the bulbs but ended up cracking the 1st ****(with the fan picture on it) and damaging the second one. I am looking to either just replace the first 2 ***** or all three depending on price. I did check the local junkyard but they did not have anything that new on the lot. If anyone knows where to puchase them or has them for sale please let me know. I purchased the light bulbs from the Volvo Warehouse website, but they don't carry the *****.

Also, I intended to purchase window visors/deflectors for the front and back windows but have only been able to find them in light smoke made by Auto Vent Shade. I have the sunroof deflector already installed in dark smoke so I have been looking for someone the matching pieces in dark smoke. If anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks,
Mel

Old 10-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Vent Visors/ Vent Shades

I'm playing with a 2000 S70GLT. The VentShade people done tole me dat dey doan a makes 'em for Volvos 'cause most Volvo Owners a doan a smoke.
Well, I do.
That, and with wet roof after rain, and window down, water runs sideways over gutter, down into car during any turn.
The OEM stick-on Window Vent Shades in a pretty Volvo box from iPd were quite disappointing. Peculiar bluish-purple color...too much Cobalt Napthenate/Octoate promotor in the Acrylic Monomer catalyzation process ?? That, and they didn't fit; half-inch too short. Correct part and sku and whatever numbers; "this is due to an anomaly".
"It cannot (will not ??) be rectified". They're going back; order for rear set canceled.

Found an interesting WeatherTech In-Channel set from Car-Stuff.com. "Made in Germany". Available in light smoke and dark smoke for $116 delivered.
The described 3mm thickness was of concern to me; I didn't want nice tight fit and seal of windows disrupted. There is an unannotated close-up photo of the flange that fits into channel; it turns out to be machined down to about 1mm. Nice tight fit and minimal addition to wind noise at 80mph.
BE VERY CAREFUL TO INSTALL !!! Read the directions, and watch their video too.
I should have, as the flange is very brittle, and one must bow outwards the Front Visors prior to working them up into channel. I had two 1" chips crack out of the second one I put in. Could have been from a microcrack during machining, but I am at least half as stupid as I look.