For Sale / Trade - Archive Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

1995 855 T5-R Wagon AT 223k mi. - Black on Black - Dayton, OH - $3,900 obo

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post [SOLD] 1995 855 T5-R Wagon AT 223k mi. - Black on Black - Dayton, OH - $3,900 obo

SOLD

Man, I hate to say this, but it’s finally time to part with my 855 T5-R. My wife has finally put her foot down and made me decide one way or the other on getting this car out of the garage.

I've had this car since 2009, and have meticulously kept it maintained as my daily driver thru the years. It's been a Texas registered car most of it's life (and the whole time I've owned it), up until I moved to Ohio in 2012. At the end of 2015, I bought a new car, so the T5-R has sat in our garage, except for a couple weekend drives now and then.

I've done most of the small maintenance work myself, and for major jobs, I’ve had the guys at Tremaine’s Volvo Service here in Dayton work on it (the owner has exclusively focused on Volvo work for the past 35+ years), as well as european auto shops in Michigan and Texas thru the years. Car has 223,370 miles on the clock, and will probably stay real close to that number as I only take this car out to warm it up once every month or so. Most if not all of my driving has been highway and country backroads. I would drive it cross country on a long road trip with no hesitation (in fact my wife and I recently took it on a Rally North America road rally thru Michigan with absolutely no problems).

It’s crazy to think only a couple hundred of these were brought to the US in this color in ’95! I guess for sentimental reasons, I’ve held on to it in the garage for this long. I’m really hoping we can sell it to someone who will appreciate and continue to keep it alive!

The Good:
- It is in great running condition. It’s basically in Stage 0 condition, with no mods.
- It's completely stock, apart from the wheels. I bought the car without its OEM Titans, and I actually prefer driving on 16's rather than 17's so I never bothered.
- I’ve habitually changed the oil every 5-7,000 miles. Basically every season change. It is running Synthetic blend with no problems.
- I just had the timing belt service done at 223,350 miles. Before that, I had the timing belt serviced at 135,000 miles when I first bought the car.
- New battery put in in February ’17
- Pirelli’s have about 8-9/32 left.
- Brakes have plenty of life left and stop firmly with no pulsing/squealing/warping.
- Suspension/steering has no play and feels solid over bumps and around turns.
- No CELs
- No major rust
- All electronics work. Windows roll fine. Sunroof functions properly. Seat heaters work...barely. Seat & mirror adjustments work properly. One key and key fob remote, and it functions properly.
- No accidents. Clean Carfax. I have a recent report if you’d like to see it.
- Car has never been smoked in. We are not smokers. Car is immaculately clean inside.
- I hand stitched a new leather steering wheel wrap that just feels like butter in hand.
- Tremaine gave the car a clean bill of health when I took it in for a check up and transmission flush at 200k miles.
- In the last 2-3 years I have replaced: dist. cap/rotors/wires, spark plugs a couple times, cam position sensor, cleaned the PCV a couple times, front and rear O2, coolant overflow tank, misc vacuum hoses, brake lines/calipers on all 4, rotors, pads recently, front struts, end links are upgraded to the IPD heavy duty and new front lower control arms installed at the same time, replaced the HVAC fan, replaced the fuel pump. The list goes on, but this is what I can remember off the top of my head. Basically, I've tried to keep it in as close to Stage 0 mechanical condition as possible.

The Meh:
- Take it or leave it, I’ve plastidipped the wheels and front grill black. The wheels are in excellent condition underneath. I bought them off a guy in Chicago back in 2011, who had them professionally refinished just before selling. The plastidip can be peeled off easily to restore everything back to original should you want.
- One of the front headlight wipers’ housing broke where it holds the wiper blades. I honestly haven’t really cared about the wipers, and just haven’t gotten around to deleting them.
- Front splitter has a crack in it from parking too close to the curb. It’s not terribly noticeable, and the bumper is still in great structural condition.

The not so good:
- Driver’s seat has a tear in a couple seams, but all the seats are in great condition given their age. Interior has normal wear and tear for it’s age.
- Headliner has some discoloration in places.
- Car has normal creaks and rattles from the dash and rear tailgate for a volvo this age.
- Paint has normal rock chips and door dings, some slight oxidation in places. Hood has slight imperfections in the middle from previous owner (I think their kids or dog climbed up on it or something).
- Tremaine said there is a small oil leak in the turbo oil lines where they connect to the turbo. But…he said that about 60k miles ago, and said if it didn’t really bother me it wasn’t critical to replace. I haven’t replaced them and I’ve been fine.
- Between oil changes, I usually have to add a quart of oil to top it off.
- In cold weather I usually have to give the instrument cluster a little tap to get the temperature gauge to unstick when I first start the car. The digital display’s illumination lights burned out. Otherwise, the instrument cluster is fine and odometer is 100% accurate and untampered.
- Cruise control has a loose vacuum line that I’m still trying to track down, so it’s not working at the moment.

My asking price is based on NADA retail and subtracting a bit for condition and wear. I think $3,900obo is a fair price. I absolutely prefer cash in person. I’m happy to chat and answer any questions, share any info, send any pictures/video you may want (I have 29 extra pictures that couldn't fit here).

(Slow internet warning: 20 high res photo below...)

Name:  eu7DUwx.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  4.16 MB
Name:  4m1hGpB.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  3.76 MB
Name:  RKKuBlv.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  2.29 MB
Name:  8I2qQ3u.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  3.98 MB
Name:  O4RKzye.jpg
Size:  3.90 MB
Name:  KnPU9mN.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  3.46 MB
Name:  zvctO4I.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  3.89 MB
Name:  RHOrIOn.jpg
Size:  4.23 MB
Name:  AUhG6tV.jpg
Size:  4.52 MB
Name:  JflEY5u.jpg
Size:  4.46 MB
Name:  6zREEFm.jpg
Size:  4.76 MB
Name:  R1LlHQ9.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  4.83 MB
Name:  g4mqkYJ.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  2.00 MB
Name:  KQ3nW7K.jpg
Size:  1.92 MB
Name:  UEHW08N.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  3.44 MB
Name:  0IGVFkZ.jpg
Size:  2.26 MB
Name:  UDWpCNf.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  2.20 MB
Name:  vJ5a6tx.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  2.48 MB
Name:  fTDoKNn.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  1.68 MB
Name:  daNe9mA.jpg
Size:  3.96 MB

Last edited by kaj2003; 05-18-2017 at 09:13 PM.