For Sale / Trade - Archive Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

1998 Volvo V70 GLT Turbo, Leather, Automatic

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Volvo V70 GLT Turbo, Leather, Automatic

Volvo has a great reputation as a safe car, this one runs well and has plenty of power.

This car has the 2.4l turbo, which is know to be a very long running motor. I bought it in January of 09, and spent nearly the asking price in parts getting it fixed up intending to drive it for 500,000... Due to health issues my wife is doing most of the driving now, and she wants something smaller so I am selling this.

I have replaced;

* The timing belt, belt tension er, guides, and related hardware as per VADIS (Volvo service) recommendation.

* Serpentine belt and tensioner (OEM Belt)
* Replaced both CV Drive axles with NEW axles and NEW joints (inner and outter).
* Upper motor mount
* Plugs (NGK Split fire), cap, rotor
* Battery,
* Window control relay pack, window switches, (all windows work).
* Ball joints,
* Control arms
* Tie rod, and Tie rod end
* Front struts
* Strut seats,
...many other parts... I will look for the receipts...
Upgraded stereo to premium Volvo OEM stereo with CD player and 6(?) disc changer.

Transmission has been flushed and refilled with synthetic fluid
Synthetic motor oil was also used.

Leaks some power steering fluid, price reflects discount to include replacement part ($298 at Advance).

I have not yet washed the car, but will do so and take pictures to post soon.

Will include Hayes manual, most of a case of Volvo OEM (WIX brand) oil filters, and what ever else I find that I have purchased for this car. This will be a great deal for someone.

Answers to email questions;

It is Silver, it has not rust or dents (maybe minor dings) the paint is in good shape for the age.

It is a 1998, if check on the Volvo owners forums you will see that was one of the best years for this car (they went to a drive by wire system like Toyota after 1998). The car has the automatic transmission, which is also the better transmission then they offered on the 1999 - 2004 V-70's.

There are 139,239 miles on it right now. I did not mention in the add, but it also has had both of the drive axles replaced (including inner and outter CV joints).

Let me know if you have any other questions, Hope to hear back from you soon

Asking $2900