For Sale / Trade - Archive Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

'99 V70 XC AWD wagon for sale / R engine - drk green

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 V70 XC AWD wagon for sale / R engine - drk green

Selling this wagon as is - engine apparently has a connecting rod that has let go. Was ticking then got louder so stopped driving it. Details: Dark Green, car was plucked from Arizona in 2011 with 65k on it, then driven 30k when head gasket on orig motor failed. At that point I spent around $10,000 to have this car repaired by the local Volvo dealer 9invoice available). A USED R-model engine was procured and installed by the dealer which included replacement of all seals and a lot of other replacements were performed while the engine was out. A brand NEW Mitsubishi 18T angle-flange turbo was sourced from Viva performance and installed. Brand new OEM volvo struts also installed. This engine ticking sound got loud quickly and in less than 3,000 miles was obviously all done. So am I with respect to putting more money into this car, but if you want a completely rust-free platform for a project (tan leather inside in excellent condition) or if you want an R-line engine to rebuild, or if you just want a nearly new 18T turbo here you go. Prefer to sell whole car - $2200. If you will take it without the turbo - $1500. If you only want the turbo - $800. I will not sell individual body panels/doors/hood etc - but might be convinced to sell other parts if you have a specific need. Please note the engine map on the ECU is the stock non-r model engine map. I had tried and tried with IPD who gladly took my money but never delivered a working map for this car - so just be aware of what you are buying. Brake pads and rotors are crap now from sitting. It is my opinion that some of the paint on this car is not original - and the windshield appears to have been replaced - drives straight as an arrow, but these two items indicate to me that at some point in this car's life it had some minor paitnd and front-end body work.