For Sale / Trade - Archive Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

Classic 240

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic 240

1993 Classic wagon #657 of the last 1600. This was my wife's first car we bought it from the original family in Conn. It hit a deer with the original owners but they made the appropriate repairs. It rides great and we love it. When we bought it the original owner's said they were selling it because they where tired of fixing it. This goes for us as well. We love it and it only breaks down occasionally, but since I don't have time to do all the labor it always ends more than I would like to pay... There is on spot on the door. It has all the classic features wood trim mag wheels(One is a little chewed up),third row seat. It's an automatic with overdrive. Yes Overdrive. It has air conditioning but it has never worked as long as I have had the car and I was not willing to pay for a new compressor, although I am not sure thats the problem. It also has an roof rack which I love. The interior plastic is breaking(I don't know why the chose that type of plastic) and it needs work. The drivers seat is covered and was in need of reupholstering all the seats have some wear. . I would have to check but I think we have had it about 8 years maybe longer. I have done tons of work on it to the major would be two rear oil seal changes. Muffler catalytic converter. Rotors. oh yes it has disc breaks. . Many other things I have all the records. In a nutshell it's a great car and the right person could totally enjoy. I always wanted a complete restore but never got around to it. It would be great if some other enthusiast bought it and restored it to it's original glory. I have not been driving it and the inspection has expired. The battery needs charging to start up but I drive it around the block to keep it fresh as long as you drive it on a regular basis the battery is fine. We have a 1999 V70 now. It not as comforting nor does it have that soothing 240 smell but we love it. I have changed the radio to an mps/aac cd am/fm As you can read this is a totally amateur posting I am selling this car "as is" but will answer any questions and hide no flaws to my knowledge. I have loved this car and would keep it if I could afford to upkeep two cars and give it the love it deserves. I would like to sell it for asking but have to let go, send me your offer. You know you want it. Just look at that strong profile it's just aching to be driven. I put it all in here as I am straight up and want you to purchase because you want this vehicle. My friends say I'm to honest and I should omit and embellish,but that is just not me. Here you go honest Volvo enthusiasts.

Attached Thumbnails Classic 240-img_0471.jpg