For Sale / Trade - Archive Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

FEELER: 1999 S70 5spd $3000 or trade for reliable automatic sedan (taurus accord etc)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FEELER: 1999 S70 5spd $3000 or trade for reliable automatic sedan (taurus accord etc)

Looking for any offers I can get here.

My father is thinking about selling his 1999 S70. He bought the car new, and used it until around 80k with no surprises really. The only one was the evaporator, which we paid a ton of money to have fixed at the dealer. Then, at 80k he gave the car to my 28 year old brother, who was 25. He drove the car hard until the current 125k.

During that time we rebuilt the engine (timing belt failed) and replaced the clutch at 115k. Replaced the radiator heater core shocks/struts within the last 6 months.

He managed to hit the car twice. The first time he steered in to a drunk driver in his blind spot who didn't have his lights on. Driver side door, fender, and rocker panel were replaced. The door never sealed up quite right after that, and there is annoying wind noise as a result. Then, he rear ended a dump truck in the snow at about 8-10 mph. The hood both fenders bumper etc had to be replaced. They gave us aftermarket lighting, but we ended up with all factory lighting in the end, and with huge improvement. The car has a variety of dings scrapes and scratches from front to back, and a ripple in the right fender. It's not in great shape, but the paint still looks pretty decent, and it's presentable from a short distance.

The interior, however, is not. The sound system still works very well actually. But other then that, the panel under the driver dash needs to be replaced, as does the armrest, and there are too many random mars and tears to list. It's not presentable, but the seats still have life left in them.

Mechanically, the car is fairly sound other then the reason we are finally going to pull the plug. We've run in to front right front wheel issues lately. There is a creak-pop when you steer that I have traced to a bushing just forward of the axle, which locates one corner of a control arm. It also clunks over certain depressions in the road, like tracking over a manhole cover. Finally, there is a loud and arresting screech under certain bumps that sounds to me like the rotor coming in contact with the pads, but I really have no idea at all what it could be. This whole corner of the car needs to be looked at, and we've had enough already. We want to get him a cheaper car to beat on. a sedan or wagon with an automatic, such as a taurus, an accord, a camry, etc.

The car is silver with black interior, and not a single option on the checklist if i can remember correctly. its got auto climate control, cd, traction control, and manual seats. I can email pics to any interested parties.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, forgot to mention that we live in NJ, essex county area.