For Sale / Trade - Archive Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

For Sale: NICE TD04H-13C turbo/manifold/wastegate/etc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale: NICE TD04H-13C turbo/manifold/wastegate/etc.

Removed from a 1992 Volvo 940, NO shaft-play, entire unit is BEAUTIFUL, looks like new, turns smooooooth. This is a plug-n-play setup, including everything between the exhaust manifold and the exhaust mount, ready to bolt on and go. I wish I could find a way to adapt it to my Saab 9-5, but I believe I would be in for a ton of fab work, and I don't have the time. Email me at GoMecNC@gmail.com with your (reasonable) offer and I'll get back to you. ASKING $675 complete, will even ship to you for ten bucks. If you are in need of a new TD04, DO NOT LET THIS ONE GET AWAY!!!

Old 12-13-2010, 07:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

675 dollars for a small 13c and an exhaust manifold? Are these exhaust manifold oober rare or something?

Old 12-14-2010, 05:08 AM
Default Uuuuuuuh...

You're going to question the cost of a stock OEM replacement turbo setup for a Volvo 940/960 (which, BTW, is about four times the asking price if you were to buy it new) and THEN tack a list of all the overpriced aftermarket crap you've bolted to your 850 to the end of your post? At the end of the day, you're still pushing a 17 year old Volvo 850. Judging by your "brag tags", you have bolted more money in parts to your car than the book value of the car.

THAT being said...

Sometimes cars just break down. Sometimes turbos just go bad. Not everyone is trying to make an "oober" (try uber, smart-guy) car. They just want to replace what has gone bad with the RIGHT part in order to be able to drive to work in the morning and feed their family. Small turbo or not, it is needed to make the car run as designed. Why buy a NEW turbo for over a grand if you can get the entire setup for far less? You go on back to looking up parts with cool names online so that you can put another wicked-cool sticker on your window when it come, and leave the big people to talk now, junior. We have cars to repair. Have an "oober" day.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm well aware that what I have spent on my car is WAY more than what it's worth. Has nothing to do with it. What I mean is that I paid 500 for my 19T. I paid 250 for a 16T with 15k miles on it. Used 15Gs with 100k miles go for 150, if you're lucky. The most I have seen used 13T/Cs go for is about 100 MAX. I have a lot of friends in Milwaukee with 240s and they won't even buy a 13C for 20. All turbos mentioned are OEM. And I can't imagine the manifold is worth 575 dollars. Used is used. No need to get all tough on the internet, just letting you know that 675 for a 13C and a manifold is a bit overpriced.

And Junior? Excuse me, but all the work done on my car has been done by me, including an engine swap and an automatic to manual transmission swap. All parts on my car are either OEM or of higher quality. I'm a senior in college with a full time job. Do not talk down to me like I'm some child that Mommy and Daddy buys car parts for, pays for his college education, and pays his rent. My car is my hobby, what I spend on it is my decision. I didn't go and insult you in any way, all I did was note that your price was a little steep. Get off of your high horse.

Last edited by gilber33; 12-14-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:12 PM

So someone who's been on the board way longer than you and is much more familiar with Volvos and fair market prices than you offers some advice to help your sale, and that's how you respond? All you had to say was, "Thank you, but I think my price is fair," and moved on. Leave it up to the buyer if they want to pay your asking price or not. You didn't list mileage, give us pictures, or anything else to go on. Gilber didn't even call out your price directly, he asked a legitimate question. There are rarer turbo/exhaust manifold combinations on Volvos, and he asked if this was one of them.

Not that anyone on here will actually be purchasing this from you, since a brand new in box OEM Mitsubishi 13C turbocharger costs less than you're asking, with shipping included. That price, by the way, is still an absurd amount of money for the "just trying to get to work in the morning" kind of guy, who probably will be more than happy with a warrantied used unit from a place like Erie. A quick ebay search brings up even more lower priced options.

And if you want to start talking about spending money on cars that aren't worth anything, who in their right mind would spend almost $700 on a 20-year-old car that's not worth twice that? Point is, your price is high. Anyone who has enough computer skills to make it over to a Volvo forum knows that. You aren't going to fool anyone, so why try?

Maybe you'll have better luck peddling your wares over on SaabCentral. Unless you pissed them off too, so you came here to unload your junkyard garbage. Credit where credit is due though, your username aptly describes your posts.

Maybe do a little more research next time on your product next time, and pause for a moment before you hit "submit post" and start slinging the e-insults. Have a great day, and best of luck with your sale.