For Sale / Trade - Archive Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

Working Vehivle - 1990 245 M47 LH3.1 F/S in New York

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Working Vehivle - 1990 245 M47 LH3.1 F/S in New York

Hello Fellow Volvoheads! Frequent lurker, infrequent poster here.
Im selling my 1990 245. Its a 5 speed M47, 373k (likley actually closer to 380), LH3.1, Dark Blue on blue vinyl. Runs, drives, stops, no check engine or rich run, but being a high mileage 240, has its quirks. Car comes with a 100k mile b230f and I can include gaskets too. I'll mention that I cross posted this on tB for transparency sake.

J

See more pics in my ad, proper HD pics in my driveway coming this weekend:

https://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/c...775899247.html

Only goodies I plan on keeping atm are the armrest, virgos and strut brace.

Volvo Enthusiast Price including iPd (and above mentioned) goodies and than some: $1100

Volvo Enthusiast price without armrest, virgos or strut brace, but the rest of the iPd goodies: $800

Here’s the backstory:

In late October, I purchased this righteous hoopdi from fellow Volvo enthusiast through Turbobricks down in DC, I was intending this to be the base for a build project to be ready in time for the Spring when I plan on moving. However life happened and I lost my workspace due to a change in fortune of a relative who now needs a live-in nurse and thus the spot I was planning on keeping and working on my 245. Also just flat out overestimated my time and capabilities for the project, I’ll admit. My work is so insane I just dont have the time to properly revive this wagon.

Since purchasing the car I have replaced:

-Brake Master cylinder
-Front and rear pads and brake fluid
-Oil change and mann filter
-Two new rear brakes calipers
-New fuses
-Changed the rear tailgate to a white but rust free one I got from a fellow tBer. It has new harnesses installed

Issues:
-Tailgate wiring needs attention at the 3rd brake light, may also be due to fuse panel issues.
-sometimes you need to spin the respective fuses for turn signals and fuel pump to get the car to start or blink properly.
-Rust in two spots - the rear tailgate (not the gate itself, but the body) and the windshield pinch weld. I understand these are very difficult to repair. But, the rest of the car is in pretty good shape metal-wise. No rust in buttcheeks or floorboards.
-Head gasket leak. External oil leak exhaust side. I have done 3 headgasket changes on this B230, but never due to an external oil leak. The head has been planed lightly for each of them - I think the block should have been planed on the 3rd.

It was a hard choice for me regarding keep or move. I quite like this wagon, it’s is a righteous wagon that wont take much to bring back to life or alternatively there’s plenty on it that could help keep other righteous 240s alive. I would rather see this passed on within the community than go to a rando who would ruin or crush it.

I can be reached here via PM but I dont check this as often as I do my email: samd415@gmail.com, which is the best way to get in touch. Reach out if you have any questions at all!

Open to offers, I strongly prefer this go to a fellow Volvo enthusiast. Its great for a project or parts car.

Thanks!
-Serge

Old 01-02-2019, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PRICE DROP! Will let it go for $800 as is, fully intact for a Volvo enthusiast:

https://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/c...785311731.html