For Sale / Trade - Archive Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

2001 MANUAL V70 T5 must sell

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 MANUAL V70 T5 must sell

This is the greatest wagon. Super fun to drive, all the best features and some extra gear!

So, here's the deal; I bought this car last year in Colorado because this vehicle with all the features is VERY difficult to find. I fell in love with this vehicle as a fun vehicle that was still a great fit for carrying around tiny (or regular sized) humans. BUT we are moving and must sell our vehicles. I'm hoping to find another Volvo lover, or someone who hasn't had the chance to enjoy such a vehicle before (I had never owned a wagon or a Volvo before this vehicle). The price is higher than you'd find on Kelly Blue Book, but if you factor in all that this vehicle has to offer that Kelly Blue Book doesn't account for...it's a pretty fair price.

The guy that I bought this from was VERY detail oriented, and he had a great list of the features and what he had done to it before I got it. Since then I have replaced the tires and have hooked up the AUX input cord for the stereo instead of just the iPhone input.

Some extras that come with the car:
The Volvo Cooler Box that snaps into the middle of the back seat (very hard to find, and pretty awesome!)
WeatherTech Floor mats for the front and back seat, as well as the cargo area

The car has almost every option offered, except for navigation.

- 5 Speed Manual Transmission
- 5 cylinder, high-pressure turbo
- Ash Gold Metallic Paint (code 446)
- 3rd Row Seat, seats 7 passengers (Convenience Package)
- Cold Weather Package (heated seats & mirrors)
- Sunroof
- Dolby Pro-Logic Premium Sound System (HU-803)
- 17" Performance wheel & tire package
- Memory Seats & Mirrors (3 memory positions)
- Dynamic Stability and Traction Control (DSTC)
- Front & Rear Fog lights
- Euro roof rails
- Tinted Windows

The car is essentially stock, although it does have the following "tasteful" modifications:
- "R" Exhaust Manifold
- SNABB Performance Turbo Intake
- Silicone Vacuum Lines
- SNABB Short Throw Shift Kit
- GROM Audio Ipod/Iphone Controller, routed through center console (now also has the AUX input)

The other unique aspect of this car that I really like is that it has the 40/20/40 split rear seat, which means that the Volvo integrated cooler box can be used (fantastic for road trips!). Also, the center-folding seat is great for long items (e.g., skis).

I put a receiver hitch on it for the sole purpose of carrying bicycles with our rear-mount Kuat rack. The car has never been used for towing.

The car overall looks very nice, although it does have some door dings. Where the bumper wraps around on the drivers side is a little beat up from something but nothing that needs attention. The car needs nothing mechanical, and should be maintenance free for quite some time.

I want to emphasize that the following list of work has all been done within the last 2yrs (I have receipts & documentation):

Engine Work:
-Engine Replacement: used low mileage replacement (113k). The replacement engine received the following upon installation:
-Water Pump
-Timing Belt Kit
-PCV Breather System
-TCV Valve
-Exhaust Manifold Gaskets
-Intake Manifold Gasket
-New Ignition Coils (Bosch)
-New Fuel Injectors (Bosch)
-Spark Plugs
-Oil Pressure Switch
-Knock Sensors

Turbo & Air Intake:
-New TD04HL-16T Turbocharger (stock)
-Waste Gate actuator
-Boost Pressure Solenoid
-Air Mass Meter
-Air Filter

Transmission:
-New Clutch Kit
-New Shift Link Bearings

Miscellaneous:
-New A/C Compressor, seals, and A/C recharge
-Alternator
-Serpentine Belt Tensioner
-Charcoal Canister J-Hose
-Radiator Hoses
-Fuel Filter

Suspension, Steering, and Brake System:
-New Tires (235/45/r17)
-Power Brake Booster
-Front Struts (KYB)
-Control Arm Bushings
-Steering Rack Stop
-Sway Bar Links
-Strut Spacers
-Drive Axle Seals
-Top Strut Bearings
-Strut Mounts

This vehicle is currently near Portland, Oregon but transport might be possible, contact me if you're interested and we can see if we can work something out. I need this car sold ASAP but I know the value in what I've got so I'm up for reasonable offers. Asking $5,000

Attached Thumbnails 2001 MANUAL V70 T5 must sell-volvo-1.jpg   2001 MANUAL V70 T5 must sell-volvo-2.jpg   2001 MANUAL V70 T5 must sell-volvo-3.jpg   2001 MANUAL V70 T5 must sell-volvo-4.jpg